[Event] Barberton XCM Mountain Bike Challenge 2015

Barberton XCM MTB

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hehehehehehe! Had a good laugh... 

Just so that you are aware - there are some changes to the routes.

From the routes on the website it looks like the ultra changed a fair bit, but the marathon looks very similar - even if I compare it to my Strava file from this year.

Have you maybe got any more info on the changes?

Hi Hoekvlag :)

Awesome! Looking forward to see you there!

If you do not mind, please assist us by spreading the news.

www.facebook.com/BarbertonXCM

@BarbertonXCM

www.barbertonxcm.co.za

I'm trying my best to get more guys from our club there, but they are a bit hesitant after the way I looked completing it this year!

Seriously, this is one of the MUST DO events for me and I've been telling that to all my riding buddies.

This race is going to be my main training motivation over the festive period - and I'm really looking forward to it!

How much of the Marathon route is singletrack? Or is it primarily district roads?

If it is similar to last year it is mostly district road, although a lot of it is the forest roads, so not open district roads. There is, however, some very nice single track thrown in there but none of it is technical, just nice flowing through the pine forests.

Anyone else having trouble entering? I get to the "Basket Summary" page, but there's no option to "Checkout". When I click "Save >>" it just says you need to log back in to pay with credit card and when I do the process repeats?

:-\

This was my 1st mtb race way back in 1999.

I had no idea what the profile meant. My bike was a hybrid with road gearing and semi slick tyres.

I managed to crash 3 times on the big downhill luckily without serious injuries.

After 2005 I stopped going for various reasons but did 2014 race and will hopefully be back in 2015. The smaller races are much more enjoyable than the over subscribed mass races

Thanks for the feedback - we enjoy all the stories!

Please join us for the race on 31 January 2015 - it will not dissapoint :)

I'm trying my best to get more guys from our club there, but they are a bit hesitant after the way I looked completing it this year!

Seriously, this is one of the MUST DO events for me and I've been telling that to all my riding buddies.

This race is going to be my main training motivation over the festive period - and I'm really looking forward to it!

Thank you - we really appreciate your assistance and look forward to seeing you on the 31st!

Anyone else having trouble entering? I get to the "Basket Summary" page, but there's no option to "Checkout". When I click "Save >>" it just says you need to log back in to pay with credit card and when I do the process repeats?

Hi, thanks for bringing this to our attention - I'm taking it up with Cylce Events as I'm typing :)

Will you try over the weekend again please.

Thank you!

OK - spoke to Cycle Events, they had a look and removed the gremlins :)

Please let me know if you still have any problems.

Have a great weekend!

OK - spoke to Cycle Events, they had a look and removed the gremlins :)

Please let me know if you still have any problems.

Have a great weekend!

:clap: entered :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Is the caravan park still operating? I heard something about the council selling the land which may have caused the park to close..

Hi, we also heard about this - we are not sure where the process is, and where it will be in Jan.

We did however list accommodation on our new website, www.barbertonxcm.co.za

Is the caravan park still operating? I heard something about the council selling the land which may have caused the park to close..

Hi, we also heard about this - we are not sure where the process is, and where it will be in Jan.

We did however list accommodation on our new website, www.barbertonxcm.co.za

Archived