[Event] Barberton XCM Mountain Bike Challenge 2015

Barberton XCM MTB

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all! Thanks for the feedback and well done to all of you!

The pics are up at: showmenelspruit.co.za

We are following up with the timing guys and will keep you posted.

Save the date: 30 January 2016! Our 20th year - it's going to be bigger and better!

What a race!

A good challenge, well organized, well marked route and real good atmosphere. Congratulations to all involved. Was my second Marathon and next year I'll be back for the Ultra!

Great event, thanks

Will have to second all the comments regarding the last 30km though - hotter than hell, only 1 water point and not very entertaining

Enjoyed the first 75k's, last 35ish were BAD!!! All in all a lekker race.

Now who ever came up with a the plan to have water points every 10k's is a BLOODY genius!!! (give that man a bells) Even some on a downhill, at least you can finish eating your food while clocking in some miles.

Would come back but only for the marathon, those last 35k's were a bit K@k. but good for miles in the legs.

Awesome half marathon for me :clap: slow as **** on only 3 weeks of prep after 2 months post op downtime but still such an awesome race with incredible views! :clap:

Also what a cool goodie bag. Just a couple of energy bars you can actually use instead of mini soaps and so on. Nice.

Enjoyed the first 75k's, last 35ish were BAD!!! All in all a lekker race.

Now who ever came up with a the plan to have water points every 10k's is a BLOODY genius!!! (give that man a bells) Even some on a downhill, at least you can finish eating your food while clocking in some miles.

Would come back but only for the marathon, those last 35k's were a bit K@k. but good for miles in the legs.

Stop complaining Neil, ha ha ha ha ha. Ja it was Freaken Hot those Last 30km. But thanks for that Cold Beer afterwards..

My first Baberton XCM.  Hell....what a race.  Only did a K2C previously, and if you compare the Baberton 77km to the K2C....the K2C is for kids.

That climb starting at 12km into the route is a crusher!!!

But, I'll be back.  One of the best organised races I've entered.  10 out of 10!

Archived