Nissan Trailseeker 2 Hakahana

Muggins

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The half marathons are normally around 550 odd meters. Hakahana has tough climbs."

550 is not that much? to which other races would you compare it?

Well compared to the Cullinan half marathon trailseeker Hakahana will be a lot tougher. I reckon it's as tough as van gaalens. Hakahana has hills that can break you and at times have you thinking about selling your bike on OLX then you hit the down hills.

Those steep climbs at Hakahana can get very technical so it's not just about the steepness, you have to negotiate loose rocks.

Some of those downhill sections are super technical. I haven't seen anyone ride the full Rhinkals at Hakahana with out stopping or putting their foot down.

Sounds like fun. My entry is registered and paid for the 40km. Only prob is that I had a operation last friday,staples will be removed only on the 17th,so I'm missing some serious training time

"The half marathons are normally around 550 odd meters. Hakahana has tough climbs."

550 is not that much? to which other races would you compare it?

Magalies Monster's half. The riding at Hakahana can be tough because of the technical / rocky ascents and descents. The climbing there makes your heart race... it's not long steady climbs.. it's steep, nasty climbs (assuming they take the half up the black route & red route climbs - which I don't know if they'll do that).

The guy I ride with rides those down hills like there is no tomorrow. He is fearless.

When the good Lord handed out skills and those types of things my riding partner missed the fear draws.

I always say to him brandewyn het nie brieke nie.

Thats crazy !!! Some of those downhills are worse than anything van gaalen has to throw... but yea i would also compare the race to van gaalen ...same type of terrain and climbing...

Did a ride at hakahana on saturday...really upgraded since last year... hope waterpoints wil be increased as well ..last year i filled my camelbag at a tap which tasted like gemors... but overall one of the top races for me! Hope i make it down in one piece this year

I've been going through some things for this year with Johan from Hakahana.

We've been able to almost eliminate any overlap barring one section of jeep track that's 500m long.

What didn't you guys like in last years route, I know some guys complained about the last winding track on the 70km before you head down to the finish, and some people hated the climbs toward the end.

Will be able to update you shortly, should be sorted soon. The half will see lots more climbing early on but less later, although you'll have about 700m ascent. Marathon looks like it's around 1400m

What didn't you guys like in last years route

Waking up with a bad back and having to ride over graspolle

Cutting my front tire wide open at 30km/h

Daydreaming (because I didn't want to go fast after going OTB with the flat) and going OTB again. I had two falls last year. Those were them.

:D