Nissan Trailseeker 2 Hakahana

Muggins

Anyone know what exactly happened in the fisty cuffs in the half marathon that the commissar was speaking about at the finish?

Half marathon fisty cuffs?......not cool.....race maybe not hard enough and energy to waste.......or maybe an overinflated ego with a sudden burst of common nonsense.......

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did most of the race without back brakes. Oil leaked out and back brakes failed completely just before 7km into the race. Couldn't really enjoy the race having to pull front brakes the whole time on the downhills :/ Ended up doing the half marathon in 2:11. Still happy about it.

My first ever proper marathon and I just realized once again I need to do some serious hill training. I was cramping from 30km but told myself I will finish no matter what. Came in at 6:32!!! But even though I was suffering I am glad I did this one.....very nice route. Will definitely be better prepared next time even though I thought yesterday at the 55km mark never again. I just need to figure out this cramping thing!

My first ever proper marathon and I just realized once again I need to do some serious hill training. I was cramping from 30km but told myself I will finish no matter what. Came in at 6:32!!! But even though I was suffering I am glad I did this one.....very nice route. Will definitely be better prepared next time even though I thought yesterday at the 55km mark never again. I just need to figure out this cramping thing!

Good persevering Sweiss. I had a long day in the saddle, similar to you but not that long. It's the best way to get your fitness up. Those guys that finished in sub 3 hours have no idea what a true marathon it is for some.

As for the cramps, I find chewing on some Gaviscons every hour or so helps. Small tablet form.

Good persevering Sweiss. I had a long day in the saddle, similar to you but not that long. It's the best way to get your fitness up. Those guys that finished in sub 3 hours have no idea what a true marathon it is for some.

As for the cramps, I find chewing on some Gaviscons every hour or so helps. Small tablet form.

I rode the first 20km with a to low saddle and that caused me to cramp early .Once i fixed that things were better but the damage was done .Cramped intermittently the rest of the event .Also rode on a different bike and the changed geometry contributes to cramping

Respect to all you guys that did the marathon!!! I only did the half and felt like I had no more to give at the finish. Even so, I thought the race was awesome!! :thumbup:

I see the mtb bug has bitten, see u on the marathon next year !!!

Lost lost lost... A small group of us went off into the distance at around the 40 km. Then as I got back to the initial point where I thought the wrong turn happened another small group rocked up asking me where to go... Once I got back to the actual root the markings where everywhere. Don't know how we missed them or if they were replaced.

Is it possible to get the routes before hand and load them onto a gps? I know the bigger stage races have started doing this... will be making a purchase shortly if this is the case.

Guest notmyname

I was quite impressed with the route markings. What was the reason the marathon was only 65km when it was advertised at 70km. I checked the pamphlet in the 'shoddy bag' and the profile was also 65km...

I was quite impressed with the route markings. What was the reason the marathon was only 65km when it was advertised at 70km. I checked the pamphlet in the 'shoddy bag' and the profile was also 65km...

Better still knowing befor hand.Sometimes you get to the say 65km in a race thinking you finished to still have to endure another few kilos.I think thats more irritating.

Had a great time! Best part was spending time with great mate! Thanks budy!

My wife also told me about fist fight, commissar was rather upset just before she started.

My only gripe : the cameraman on the quads, can you not wear a helmet? Driver and guy with the tripod. Trying to teach a 5 year old to wear a helmet and you play kamakazi does not help!

I agree! If you are out there on a quad or a bike as crew or any other reason, you should be wearing a helmet. This has annoyed me in all the Trailseeker races in the past as well.

I used to cramp until I started eating less sugar and stretching well before and after any training. That all.

70/40/20/10 are generic distances. rule of thumb is 10% either side. As you noted all publications regarding the actual route were 65k (including the profile) and Wessel strives to be within 1-2% of that for the actual race. Which BTW is very impressive (bearing in mind that things changed on the ground up till the last evening)...