Methias

Hi All,

Im not sure if I should start a new topic, but the other ones have so many replies it makes it very hard to see what to do (like 150 pages of replies).

In short I'm looking for a bike suitable for Enduro style riding. So far I have the following down to consider:

• Specialized Enduro 29"
  • Santa Cruz Bronson C X01 spec
  • Santa Cruz Nomad C X01 spec
  • Pyga 140 - X01 Groupset, 160mm Pike RC3 up front, SRAM RS Guide brakes (180mm front /160mm rear) (XT group set also an option for a few grand less)
  • Giant Trance Advanced
  • Yeti SB66/SB95/SB75 all options - just waiting for the Yeti dealer to get me quotes

Any thing else you guys know of that we can get here (Im not keen on importing, I would like to have one of my local bike shops supporting and being able to maintain the bike)

depends what you want, if you want something that no one else on the trail will have, you're either gonna have to import or be very sneaky about it :ph34r:

but if all you want is a good enduro bike, theres a very big range of choice, and you can't really go wrong, modern bike are all getting very, very good

that being said, if it were me, id look at the yt capra (not avaliable soon or locally, so… yeah) or the new kona process 153 DL, i don't know why, but I'm a sucker for that bike

for a real world answer to your question, I'm sure all the bikes you've mentioned are great, it would probably come down to value for money and post purchase support, if that still doesn't slim it down.

flip a coin.

like this:

http://natestpierre.me/2012/05/18/make-decisions-by-flipping-coin/

Hi All,

Im not sure if I should start a new topic, but the other ones have so many replies it makes it very hard to see what to do (like 150 pages of replies).

In short I'm looking for a bike suitable for Enduro style riding. So far I have the following down to consider:

• Specialized Enduro 29"
  • Pyga 140 - X01 Groupset, 160mm Pike RC3 up front, SRAM RS Guide brakes (180mm front /160mm rear) (XT group set also an option for a few grand less)
  • Giant Trance Advanced
  • Yeti SB66/SB95/SB75 all options - just waiting for the Yeti dealer to get me quotes

Any thing else you guys know of that we can get here (Im not keen on importing, I would like to have one of my local bike shops supporting and being able to maintain the bike)

Just goto Morningside Cycles and look at the Yeti's, for enduro I'd certainly go for the 66 or 75, not to keen on the 95 unless you splash out on the carbon.

Edited by TheV

Ye, I went to morningside cycles, it just took them a while to get back to me (I eventually spoke to the yeti international sales reps to get a quote). I now have a quote for the SB66 AL with XT groupset and Hope/Stans Arch wheelset with the rockshock reverb seatpost and a Fox 34 150mm - The price on it is pretty much the same as the Pike RC3 160mm, I'm thinking the Pike is a better bet.

The Nomad carbon is some serious cash, everything else is in the 45-66k region (with the exception of the Enduro S-Works Troy Lee designs model.... but that makes the Nomad price look cheap).

In terms of priority, I first want the best all round bike I can get. I want something that can climb as well as descend like a demon (at this point its going to be me that gives up :)). After that then the most unique & best looking bike I can find.

There are just so many choice, I no longer know what to look for :/

Hi All,

• Specialized Enduro 29"
  • Giant Trance Advanced

all very cool and good looking well geo'd bikes...... hang back a week or two with your yeti options - the owner of yeti said 'exciting new bikes coming' or something like that....

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/from-the-top-yeti-cycles-president-chris-conroy-2014.html

http://ep3.pinkbike.org/p1pb6168857/p1pb6168857.jpg Where do you see Yeti going in the future? Are there any major changes in the works, or do you feel like the company is on the right track?

I think we're on a good path. We have some exciting stuff we'll be launching in the next three months, and that will kind of set the technology platform for a lot of years moving forward.

Ye, I went to morningside cycles, it just took them a while to get back to me (I eventually spoke to the yeti international sales reps to get a quote). I now have a quote for the SB66 AL with XT groupset and Hope/Stans Arch wheelset with the rockshock reverb seatpost and a Fox 34 150mm - The price on it is pretty much the same as the Pike RC3 160mm, I'm thinking the Pike is a better bet.

The Nomad carbon is some serious cash, everything else is in the 45-66k region (with the exception of the Enduro S-Works Troy Lee designs model.... but that makes the Nomad price look cheap).

In terms of priority, I first want the best all round bike I can get. I want something that can climb as well as descend like a demon (at this point its going to be me that gives up :)). After that then the most unique & best looking bike I can find.

There are just so many choice, I no longer know what to look for :/

Due to working part time in a LBS I have been lucky enough to see and ride:

Enduro S-Works

Yeti SB95C

SC Bronson C

SC Nomad 26" and 650B

Pyga Pascoe

All of these have been test rides and messing about checking everything after services etc, apart from the Nomad 26" which I have ridden once on a proper trail.

A friend and customer has both the S-Works Enduro and the Yeti SB95C. He reckons the Yeti climbs better and is probably a better all round bike. The S-Work took him a while to get used to on the tight stuff and was a pain setting up the Cane Creek DB, but now reckons it descends better than the SB95.

As for the Santa Cruz's, these are bikes we sell, and are lucky enough to have "demo/shop" ones as well. :whistling:

I would say that the SC Bronson is in line with the Yeti and Pascoe as I think it is a slightly better all rounder and by this I mean best of both climbing, descending and just a bike you can do nearly anything on.

Where as the Enduro and Nomad are more "downhill" orientated for lack of a better word as in they go down a trail better than they go up one.

For example the owner of the Yeti road Sani2C on it and loved it. But I couldn't see anyone riding Sani2C on a Enduro or Nomad these are your Enduro focused bikes even though I think they might be overkill for our local Enduro's at the moment with guys getting podiums on 130mm bikes, who knows what the future might hold.

I have no major dealings with the Trance so can't really comment.

If it was my money (which it isn't) I would look at either the Bronson, Yeti or Pascoe as these you can go and do your local 40km on it as the geometry is more neutral and pedals better with a steeper head angle and less rear travel. As well as go and thrash the local enduro and maybe one or to of the tamer DH events as these bike are plenty capable.

Now out of those 3 bikes it's a hard choice as all have there draw cards. Yeti being the rotating lower pivot, and there not being many around, Santa Cruz being it's VPP and extremely well though out (linkage grease nipples) and bullet proof design (frame strength) and the Pascoe being Local and having a fantastic rear linkage that pedals well yet feels like you have endless travel.

Don't take this the wrong way. If you can get a Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon with XO1 build kit for 66k take it now and never look back.

I think +-75K is a bit more realistic.

In the end it boils down to what ever floats your boat. :)

Edit: I would also take in to account that the Enduro and SB95 are 29er's "for now" 650B next year probably, so if you are tall or short this might affect your choice.

Edited by Spoke101

Guest dirkieuys

If I had the zars, i would choose the Nomad. I have the older model and its really the best bike i have owned.

Thanks Spoke101. Really nice reply. The Bronson is a tad more than 66k (70k without any attempt to negotiate, get stuff free, beg/plead.....).

I'm fairly tall, I'm borderline on a large/XL size (I am on the very upper end of a large and on the lower end of a XL for the Santa Cruz bikes).

The Pascoe seems to be pretty good value for money @ 52k

Rockshock Pike RCT3 (150mm)

X01 Rear derallier, X1 Shifter, X1 Cassette, X01 Crankset, X1 chain

SRAM Guide RS brakes (180mm front/160mm rear)

Stans Crest wheel set, schwalbe tyres

With the XT group set it drops to 47.5k.

Its almost 25k less than the Nomad (and about 20k less than the Bronson).

If you say the Pascoe is good then it looks like for the price its getting you a LOT of bike (plus that yellow is just awesome)

not sure how good these people are, but they did review the bikes side to side, which means they at least know the differences between each bike

Thanks Spoke101. Really nice reply. The Bronson is a tad more than 66k (70k without any attempt to negotiate, get stuff free, beg/plead.....).

I'm fairly tall, I'm borderline on a large/XL size (I am on the very upper end of a large and on the lower end of a XL for the Santa Cruz bikes).

The Pascoe seems to be pretty good value for money @ 52k

Rockshock Pike RCT3 (150mm)

X01 Rear derallier, X1 Shifter, X1 Cassette, X01 Crankset, X1 chain

SRAM Guide RS brakes (180mm front/160mm rear)

Stans Crest wheel set, schwalbe tyres

With the XT group set it drops to 47.5k.

Its almost 25k less than the Nomad (and about 20k less than the Bronson).

If you say the Pascoe is good then it looks like for the price its getting you a LOT of bike (plus that yellow is just awesome)

Thanks.

I'm 188cm and because the Santa Cruz bikes have a shorter top tube I would be an XL.

If you going for the Pascoe then defiantly go for a Pike and 1X11 for an extra 4.5k it's well worth it for the weight loss and simplicity.

The Pascoe will be a bit heavier than the carbon bikes. But if you are out there to just ride and have fun you won't go wrong.

Being an AL bike you tend to not worry about crashing as much and if you do mess up the paint you can always strip and respray it.

The Bronson and SB95 are works of art as well as being great bikes but you do pay a premium for this. I personally don't like how you can only get Fox build kits for the Bronson but hey being a lighter rider I find the Rockshox forks are more sensitive and have more tweaking ability.

I spoke to Pat this last weekend as he was riding a demo carbon XC/XCM bike at the local race and the down low is there is a 160mm bike the works and probably carbon models as well but as they are doing everything from scratch so you looking at a year plus.

In closing the Pascoe is great value and an incredible bike, go have a look at some of the international reviews on the Pyga's, plus you have local support form Pat. I would however upgrade the Crests to Arch EX rims, What hubs? and definitely get a dropper post and you have a dream bike.

So adding 2 more bikes to the list. The Morewood Sakuma and Morewood Jabula. Just awaiting on the Morewood factory to get back to me with there I can get these bikes (and for how much moola).