Giro-stage 3-RIDE mag caught all the acti

wayne's world

More awesome pics! Thanks Wayne. Must have been hot under that helmet on the melting tar today! Boy are we glad you didn't become a golf photographer!

this was the ride of the day-mannie came from the chasing bunch and paced dan for the best part of 2/3rds of the final climb and launched him into the midst of the main manne giving dan the opportunity to finish in 6th place whilst mannie himself still manages to finish10th in same time-mannie i bow down to your guts and determination today-wayne

20080306_142122__B0E3250.jpg

sean-at times it felt as if someone had opened the oven and fanned that heat direct at us. these are tough customers our pros-i reckon some of these guys dug deeper today than ever before!

this was the ride of the day-mannie came from the chasing bunch and paced dan for the best part of 2/3rds of the final climb and launched him into the midst of the main manne giving dan the opportunity to finish in 6th place whilst mannie himself still manages to finish10th in same time-mannie i bow down to your guts and determination today-wayne

Gee Wayne. Write like that and you bring tears to my eyes!

Well done Mannie! Well done Dan!

Interestingly, Mannie is the only cyclist to have ridden (and finished) every single one of the 16 Giros del Capo. The guy is a legend!

can still remember my first visit to Paarl some 10 years ago. It was a good 43 degrees that day. Even sitting still doing absolutly nothing, sweat was running down my legs and back.

so i can not even imagine how these guys raced in conditions like that.

RESPECT!

wayne, thanks again for the photos.

Thank you Wayne!

I was in such a daze that I didn't even realize that you were there taking pics of Mannie and myself up Du Toit's!

What you wrote was marvelous, but still! It does not do justice to what he did for me yesterday, starting off with the 10+ bottles that he brought me throughout the day and then to pull me up the climb like that... I was speechless!

What a Diesel!

The Average Speed from Paarl to Franschoek was over 48km/h and at the end was just about 40km/h. Average temperature for the day was 39!!!

Fun in the sun...

Shoe, I may only dream about doing something like that in my life!!

Now this is some peeps to look up to

Clap