Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari

I think if this is how the owner conducts himself it wont be long before the venue is back on auction....

Sadly this Tjop knows very well how to ruthlessly creating and making money off tourist traps.

Big problem for him thus far has been the "hinderance" that is Hero adventure and it's patrons and the "pesky" law...

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest notmyname

Trying to charge me at the gate this morning. Last time hero, sorry guys. I won't be using these trails again.

I thought they'd sorted this *** out?!

Not cool at all. Seems like Hero can't win - court orders or not.

SF - Did you go in (without paying) or ride elsewhere? Seems like Hero need to put their own guy on the gate to usher people in without them being intimidated.

Guest notmyname

I just moved on. R30 at the gate and a further R40 to ride. I won't support that land owner, there's definitely something wrong with that oke.

Probably a legal loophole. Depends on the high court order wording.

Was there last weekend and only paid Hero to ride. No additional fees.

Small Fry, were you asked to pay at the new guardhouse close to beyers?

I just moved on. R30 at the gate and a further R40 to ride. I won't support that land owner, there's definitely something wrong with that oke.

I still can't understand that okes thinking...obviously doesn't give a sh*t what income mountain bikers might generate!

I heard about the hippos and sent an email to heia, they replied and cc'd Jeromy the estate manager.

Jeremy gave me a shout and confirmed that there are apparently 3 hippos, a male, a female and a calf. He said that there have always been hippos in the area.

I got a call from them within an hour of my email and Jeremy was very forthcoming and came across as a lekker oak.

It's evident that the relationship between hero and heia is sour but my experience in dealing with heia on this matter was very pleasant.

I still can't understand that okes thinking...obviously doesn't give a sh*t what income mountain bikers might generate!

In his bigger picture, the mtb income is mere pennies, and a large hinderance to his plans of creating a tourist trap type of "conservancy "

The man has very very deep pockets, and TBH, with these types of knobs, for me, it's better to let them be. Dealing with these types of tjops leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I feel sorry for darren, but i think in this instance let the tjop have his flippen conservancy, and find another venue to develop. Our area certainly is not void of riding opportunity...

We rode in this morning, first time for me. Got charged 30bucks at the gate, went to the office and they said we didn't need to pay anymore. The okes at the gate were sharing a brain cell.

Guest notmyname

Probably a legal loophole. Depends on the high court order wording.

Was there last weekend and only paid Hero to ride. No additional fees.

Small Fry, were you asked to pay at the new guardhouse close to beyers?

Jip, booms at buyers. The security bloke was pleasant. He knew about the drama with hero. If anything I'd give the security bloke a million kudus.

The best way out is probably if Hero negotiates a buyout offer from Heia.

If the reports are true Heia sounds like a nasty piece of work, no ethics and will stoop to any level to get their way.

Seems the Boom Gate at Beyer's is now operational, must have found a loop hole somewhere.

Apparently the boomed gate was not put up by Heia but the Cradle Moon Conservancy.

Strange that when we arrived at the gate on Sunday morning and the Security Guard wanted R30 from us, when we declined paying first Heia's owners son came out and when we still weren't interested in paying, he came out.

Said we only had to pay R30 to ride, what we paid Hero was our prerogative and if we didnt want to pay them anything didnt have to as it was his land.

We went and rode the Cradle Mtb Loop.

I can also confirm there are hippo's there, we found fresh hippo tracks in the mud on the yellow route a couple of weeks ago and were quite surprised as to how far up the yellow route they went.

Seems the Boom Gate at Beyer's is now operational, must have found a loop hole somewhere.

Apparently the boomed gate was not put up by Heia but the Cradle Moon Conservancy.

Strange that when we arrived at the gate on Sunday morning and the Security Guard wanted R30 from us, when we declined paying first Heia's owners son came out and when we still weren't interested in paying, he came out.

Said we only had to pay R30 to ride, what we paid Hero was our prerogative and if we didnt want to pay them anything didnt have to as it was his land.

We went and rode the Cradle Mtb Loop.

I can also confirm there are hippo's there, we found fresh hippo tracks in the mud on the yellow route and were quite surprised as to how far up the yellow route they went.

Cradle moon conservancy = heia safari = tjop owner

Interesting, I investigated the Google Reviews of Heia Safari. All reviews done within the past year have received a One Star  :w00t:

Before the new landowner, 4 and 5 stars... :oops:

Interesting, I investigated the Google Reviews of Heia Safari. All reviews done within the past year have received a One Star  :w00t:

Before the new landowner, 4 and 5 stars... :oops:

He deserved them well! :devil:

Even one point is still too much.

Archived