Cobra - heads up

Headshot

There is a large boulder that has come loose and blocked Cobra just as it starts to descend after the pedally bits up top. Easy to avoid but you will have to portage round it unless you feel like risking a cliff plunge. I have notified the trail manager via email.

There is a large boulder that has come loose and blocked Cobra just as it starts to descend after the pedally bits up top. Easy to avoid but you will have to portage round it unless you feel like risking a cliff plunge. I have notified the trail manager via email.

I have to ask, Tim - was there a face-brake technique deployment? ;-)

Thanks for the warning Headshot-we'll get to clearing it ASAP. Can you tell us how big it is? ie estimate on how many people needed to remove it from the trail?

Thanks for the warning Headshot-we'll get to clearing it ASAP. Can you tell us how big it is? ie estimate on how many people needed to remove it from the trail?

Hard to say - I'd guess at least 3 to be safe.

Here's the offending rock. Actually looks like it make a pretty rad new trail feature if TokaiMTB can build it up a bit?

post-6207-0-73244200-1402557589_thumb.jpg

Edited by iRide

Very difficult moving rocks that size into the trail when you want them there. The mountain gave us a little fathers day gift. :thumbup: (Even if I might need a chicken run around.)

Very difficult moving rocks that size into the trail when you want them there. The mountain gave us a little fathers day gift. :thumbup: (Even if I might need a chicken run around.)

Speak for yourself... :)

This area has been worked on, ready for the weekend...

No pictures, blind is the new black.

Was thinking of lying on the couch and drinking beer but now I'll have to go check it out myself.

Cool. Save the beer for after..

Post what the run in is like, looks like there's enough speed there but also lots of rocks..