fanievb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Severely pissed off.

It seems that the 29er orientated market has caught up to me as I am unable to find any spokes for my still broken back wheel (3 weeks without my faithful 26).

On the upside I have been offered a fantastic deal on the only 29er that I'd ever consider and I should be taking delivery on Friday.

I know I said I won't buy one soon but it's crap to struggle like this to get 3 spokes and as the saying goes, if you can't beat them...

I'm continuing the hunt for spokes or maybe even replacing the wheelset altogether (insurance) as my 26 will always have a place in my heart (except if the right buyer comes along)

And what is the Only 29er you'd buy?

BTW _ spokes can be bought online and through most LBS avenues here in SA. As long as you know the length and type you want...

what wheelset and length spokes required?

mavic crossmax sl spoke length 274mm (bladed aluminium with integrated nipple)

And what is the Only 29er you'd buy?

BTW _ spokes can be bought online and through most LBS avenues here in SA. As long as you know the length and type you want...

oh - and if you're replacing 3 spokes on the same wheel, chances are it needs a full rebuild as well.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/140910-wanted-mavic-crossmax-spokes/

agents are currently contacting dealers to check if someone has stock.

OK I don;t have any of those in my spares bin. Gave the lot away with the wheels years ago.

I see CRC don't have them. Maybe try CWC - they deal extensively with Mavic, or at least used to.

CWC was my first contact, they don't have any stock

Those wheel went out of production a few years ago. Obtaining spokes will be like finding hens teeth

Soooo I bought a 29er.... Why... Cos i could manoever it like my 26er on the stuff I like to ride....

Ok that's a simplification but it's the 9 and 6 of it....