nathrix

152 members have voted

1. 1. Riding the ATTAKWAS EXTREME MTB 2015? (just out of interest)

• NO, won't be able to enter :(
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 26"
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 27.5"
    • Will be riding it on a htail with gears 29"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 26"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 27.5"
    • Will be riding it on a dual suspension with gears 29"
    • Will be riding it on a SS Rigid!
    • Will be riding it on a FATBIKE with gears!
    • Will be riding it on a FATBIKE SS!!!!

Hierdie jaar gaan ek kamp vir 4 weke en nie weer 4 weke se harde oefen nie! Eks uit, enjoy manne, miskien 2016 weer!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People, I am heading for no 5 next year. So Ratel club if I finish. But I must say that R630 for a one day race is a lot. With Fairview as title sponsor one would have expected at least the same entry fees as last year. There also seems to be less included - only the first 300 gets T-shirts. We'll probably get cheap cotton shirts again this time, nothing like the Helly Hanson shirts of the past (later First Ascent).

Testing the price point is good retail strategy, but is it good for the sport?

Supply and demand. It's a well organized event with 6 VERY well stocked water points and riding in one of the most beautiful protected areas with allot of history. Worth every cent for me compared to other races.

Another question, who will be mal enough ride it ss rigid this year? :ph34r:

I did it SS rigid this year. If I enter for 2015, I'll do it again that way.

I did it SS rigid this year. If I enter for 2015, I'll do it again that way.

what was your time if i may ask?

Remember the finish location, Pine Creek Caravan park has got very nice shady and grassy campsites available. Make sure you book your campsite so that you can relax after the race.

Hey Bennie do you have a website?

Atta naweek is maar n duur naweek, maar al maak hulle de entry R1000, sal hul steeds sold out! But I dont think they should compromise the goodie bag!all and all a good race with a beaut of a finish!

Sho, R630 is quite steep. But probably worth it if you can afford it. Will see if there are still entries left next month.

Sho, R630 is quite steep, but probably worth it if you can afford it. Not value for money wise, but experience wise. No other race in SA like it.

People, I am heading for no 5 next year. So Ratel club if I finish. But I must say that R630 for a one day race is a lot. With Fairview as title sponsor one would have expected at least the same entry fees as last year. There also seems to be less included - only the first 300 gets T-shirts. We'll probably get cheap cotton shirts again this time, nothing like the Helly Hanson shirts of the past (later First Ascent).

Testing the price point is good retail strategy, but is it good for the sport?

Those Helly Hansen shirts were nice, good quality!

post-4329-0-78835600-1403154482_thumb.jpg

Hey Bennie do you have a website?

Hi Milky, have a look on www.kampsa.co.za look for Pine Creek caravanpark. Unfortunately we do not do online bookings but you can phone on 0446202434 and speak to myself or Surita regarding the camp bookings. Looking forward to seeing you all for the Atta again next year.

Archived