How many kg have you dropped since cycling?

Got onto the scale this morning.

Fudge... From 83.3 to 89.5.

Will have to make a plan...

Ha I can relate! I have moved from 82kg to 89kg! That is due to office work, winter laziness, and winter comfort food. At least Spring is on the way. I have stabilised now and eating better. Don't have huge time for cycling so am jogging in the week a bit for fitness and weight loss. 

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost 5kg over Christmas doing absolutely nothing.

Usually I pick up around 10kgs or so over that period, the past Christmas period I only picked up 5kgs.

So i'm still 5kgs down

Does it count if I lose the kgs in summer, put them back on in winter and lose them again? :)

hehe.. I can totally relate to this. My weight used to yo-yo up and down between winter and summer.

Post Argus I would pick up 10 kg over winter. The result of no training and lekker eet. Then comes September and I drop 10 kg in prep for 94.7. Then come December holidays and Xmas, so I pick up 5kg's and drop it again in prep for Argus.

This was the story for the past 7 years uptill this year. I just decided enough is enough and continue training after the Argus and following LCHF.

This is now the beginning of the season and I'm about 10kg's lighter than I was at my lightest for a race (2012 Argus- which also was my best, 3h09) and definitely fitter as well. I do longer distances now during training at better ave speed than at that stage and this is only the beginning of the season.

Really looking forward to R4V which will be my first race.

we all know the saying, "summer bodies are made in winter" ...

I'm glad I changed my "diet" when I did, it would have been too late if I waited till the spring.

Lost 21kg over the past year. Have lost about 5kg since I started cycling. Working hard to drop below 100 now. Can't remember the last time I was this light, which is a bit sad, hahaha. Probably have another 10 too loose.

Last year before K2C I lost 12kgs in 3 months. Went from 102kg - 90kg. 6 weeks ago I was 98kg and now 92.5kg trying to loose weight for K2C again. Should actually just stick to my routine and get to 80 -85kg

Last year before K2C I lost 12kgs in 3 months. Went from 102kg - 90kg. 6 weeks ago I was 98kg and now 92.5kg trying to loose weight for K2C again. Should actually just stick to my routine and get to 80 -85kg

what did you do?

How do you guys loose so much? I went down to 94 and back to 96. Feels if I am not loosing any more. Use to be 83kg.

I'm 44 yeats old now and have never stopped riding my bike since my school days. I am 188cm and weigh 81kg. This is my weight since I was about 20 years old, and maybe hovered between 80 and 83. Being active kept me in shape and I am greatfull that I can still ride. Loving it.

How do you guys loose so much? I went down to 94 and back to 96. Feels if I am not loosing any more. Use to be 83kg.

also stuck in a similar rut.

going to to try a dietician to see if they can help * although the mrs did say I should just stop eating for a week*.

also stuck in a similar rut.

going to to try a dietician to see if they can help * although the mrs did say I should just stop eating for a week*.

hahaha yes that sounds like a plan.... 

I also plateaued and stood still at 97-98 (down from 110)for about 2 months which was very frustrating. The last 2 weeks I started to loose again.

However, in this period that my weight stalled, I still lost centimetres.

95kg in March to 80kg today. I was 76kg when I met my wife 14 years ago, and told her u would see 70's again. Almost there :)

Being so much lighter has also helped my performance on the bike. Faster and can go further. Win / win.

Only negative is the clothing. Already replaced my chinos and belts, and about to do it again. All my cycling gear is too big now. All needs replacing too.

95kg in March to 80kg today. I was 76kg when I met my wife 14 years ago, and told her u would see 70's again. Almost there :)

Being so much lighter has also helped my performance on the bike. Faster and can go further. Win / win.

Only negative is the clothing. Already replaced my chinos and belts, and about to do it again. All my cycling gear is too big now. All needs replacing too.

Whhat did you do? 

So what do you do with all the clothes???

I range from a 36 to a 44...what i have done over the years is simple pack away the size either big or small depending if loosing or gaining.

This year i have decided to start unloading the big clothes...will not be packing them away..

Some of the clothes are still new...it just seems a waste to throw them away...with the cost of clothing...we should run an exchange programs...just kidding.

How many of you have had a weight issue since giving up smoking?

How many have started smoking again because of weight gain?

This is when my weight issue started 15 years ago...and yes i do still crave a puff every now and again...but I dont because i know 1 puff and i am back to 20-30 a day...

Archived