Sani2c 2015

Gringo

Hi all

We recently got a substitute entry for the Race. Obviously the people who's entry we took would have had a driver option, but we don't so we wanted to make use of the car shuttle service. Only problem is it is full and we have no way of getting back to Unterberg otherwise.

Does anyone know of someone willing to assist in driving the vehicle down to Scottburgh for the Race? We will of course pay for the privilege.

We are still awaiting feedback from the organisers to hear of they might have an extra driver available but we need to get a backup plan sorted in the next month.

Cheers!

Is it full booked for all three days? you might get there a day or two sooner, let them take your vehicle down for you and then just organise a ride to the start come race day which should not be to difficult

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you want to get a 810. 510 has everything you need.

Agree...the difference between the two is basically the road maps function.  This will not help you when you go off-road, and if i need to go home when lost i will just use google maps on my phone (which is one of the reason they give on the site).  810 is very nice, but more for roadies i think

yup...also started to realize that now...

Hi guys,

Anyone from Jozi that could suggest me ways to get to the start and get back home afterwards? So far the only option is to fly/drive to Durban and get a shuttle from there, which is a bit of a logistical nightmare

Thanks,

810 has MAPS, while 510 does not?

Agree...the difference between the two is basically the road maps function.  This will not help you when you go off-road, and if i need to go home when lost i will just use google maps on my phone (which is one of the reason they give on the site).  810 is very nice, but more for roadies i think

Garmin has offroad maps available for whole of Africa, AFAIK, so why could these not be loaded onto an 810?

Even where there is no "official" Garmin mapping, there are map downloads available...we picked this up when trying to recon a route around Mt Kenya.

yip, this is the fundemental descision:

510 will provide the route tracking etc. (i.e whether you are on or off the route) whereas the 810 will give you full access to maps / contours etc. both on & offroad (but at a price!)

it's a question of needs vs finances in the end.

810 has MAPS, while 510 does not?

the 510 and the 810 both have a very basic map package installed. If you want to use the 810 properly you need to buy a u$ 165 map package. Or load one of the free ones

Also having trouble securing car shuttle for the MrsRocknRolla and her partner.

Have fired off an email, but no reply as yet.

yip, this is the fundemental descision:

510 will provide the route tracking etc. (i.e whether you are on or off the route) whereas the 810 will give you full access to maps / contours etc. both on & offroad (but at a price!)

it's a question of needs vs finances in the end.

then in that case the 500 does the same as the 510 "i.e. whether you are on or off the route"

Also having trouble securing car shuttle for the MrsRocknRolla and her partner.

Have fired off an email, but no reply as yet.

My wife’s boss just surprised :clap:  :clap: us with a paid entry for this, so also need to still sort out all the logistics :eek: 

My wife’s boss just surprised :clap:  :clap: us with a paid entry for this, so also need to still sort out all the logistics :eek: 

Damn...thats one hell of a boss.  Unpaid overtime for the rest of the year is to be expected :ph34r:

Okay, so with 4 weekends left before race week.  What does your training plan look like and does it include beer? Im doing the trail again this year, and after last year i do not know if i should focus on cycling fitness or beer fitness.  Which one would help you more

Okay, so with 4 weekends left before race week.  What does your training plan look like and does it include beer? Im doing the trail again this year, and after last year i do not know if i should focus on cycling fitness or beer fitness.  Which one would help you more

Bit of both :w00t:

Spin 3 x week

+-90km ride weekend to get saddle time (Alternate with shorter more technical climbing riides & races).

Hope I am ready!!

Aaaah...

My training program is...go for a lekka cycle...then follow up with a lekka BEER!

so, I'll be OK?

If last years trail is anything to go by... beer tolerance is of equal importance to ride fitness.

Archived