Sani2c 2015

Gringo

So we got an entry for the Race :clap:

The long weekends come at such a good time... See you all out on the trails!

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still be warmer and drier than Surrey hills, can't wait. New 650b faster rear tyre for sani arrived todday :)

Generally good weather in May in that region, so I won't be too worried.

Faster tyre is a good option for the fast and flowing Sani trails!

Hi Guys

I wonder if anyone can help.

The shuttle service of getting your car driven to Scottburgh is full.

Is there anyone who can give one person a lift back to Underberg (or Howick)? No bikes. On the 15th May.

I'm hoping someone who is on their way back to Joburg.

We will pay costs.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

check again, they opened some more slots

So they are drawing people all week long to be in the running to win a car, but then they do the final draw for said car at the Race prizegiving and you have to be there to win it. How rude. 

So they are drawing people all week long to be in the running to win a car, but then they do the final draw for said car at the Race prizegiving and you have to be there to win it. How rude.

the after party is always on the sat nite. Well known fact. Plus I'm sure the sponsor would actually want someone to be there to present the prize to...so they get mileage out of their sponsorship. Their car their race their rules

Still be warmer and drier than Surrey hills, can't wait. New 650b faster rear tyre for sani arrived today :)

But you can get a nice piece of cake at Leith Hill tower regardless of the weather!

But you can get a nice piece of cake at Leith Hill tower regardless of the weather!

Yes but it's not a patch on the Nandos at the top of the hill on day two of Sani. :)  Out on Saturday here for one of the last training runs, four layers on top, a jacket over that and it rained, roll on some sun!

With the newsletter announcing that Nandos will no longer dish out free burgers at the finish of Day 3, should we be worried that the Nandos climb will now be called the (****) climb with a regular watering hole at the top?

I'm not a Sani lifer, this yr is my third, but for ANY cyclist the Nandos hill & burger is part of folklore. It would he a shame if that changes, alas, lets see where it goes.

With the newsletter announcing that Nandos will no longer dish out free burgers at the finish of Day 3, should we be worried that the Nandos climb will now be called the (****) climb with a regular watering hole at the top?

I'm not a Sani lifer, this yr is my third, but for ANY cyclist the Nandos hill & burger is part of folklore. It would he a shame if that changes, alas, lets see where it goes.

The newsletter only said that Nando's will no longer be on Scottburgh beach, so no free burger after you have finished. They didn't say anything about not being at waterpoint 2 on Day 2, so I'm sure they'll still be there.

the after party is always on the sat nite. Well known fact. Plus I'm sure the sponsor would actually want someone to be there to present the prize to...so they get mileage out of their sponsorship. Their car their race their rules

Do the draw the the Friday night when they have all 9 final entries. The inform the winner. I will drive/fly/walk/run/crawl to get there by the Saturday evening.

But ja, if they are giving away a R450k car they can call the shots I guess. Would just have been nice for everyone to be able to have the same odds.

Thanks guys...

while we are on the topic....The only way i got into the Trail is by way of a substitution...

Now - being my first time & all (i'm super stoked! - waited like 4 yeras to get entry!)

I'm stuck with a clothing size that will be way to small for me....WTF?? :eek:

What are the chances that I'll find a XXL bloke that wants to swap back to XL (not to even mention my parner - he;s stuck with M clothes...)

Afterall - this is one of my bucket list ticks...and i'll cherish the S2C logo with pride...but I will not even be able to wear my hard earned apparel!!

with >months still prsent to change chlothing options...why are they so strict?

Hey!

I have a mens XL that i need to swap for a Medium (preferably ladies but I'll take a mens as well)

Please let me know if you still want to swap (im doing the adventure and my fiance is doing the race so if you're at either one we can meet up) 

you can contact me on parkerj505@gmail.com or 073 370 0640

OK, I'll keep you posted...my partner is stuck with Ladies M (afaik)...needs mens XL though

Hi Cassie

I really need a ladies M and I have a Mens XL!! are you still keen to swap? I'm doing the adventure. 

parkerj505@gmail.com

OK, I'll keep you posted...my partner is stuck with Ladies M (afaik)...needs mens XL though

Hi Cassie

I really need a ladies M and I have a Mens XL!! are you still keen to swap? I'm doing the adventure. 

parkerj505@gmail.com

Are the boxes they issue you for your kit lockable?

Nope, it's normal plastic boxes. You get two straps to lock the lid down with, but it does not lock.

That being said, I've never had any issues.

Nope, it's normal plastic boxes. You get two straps to lock the lid down with, but it does not lock.

That being said, I've never had any issues.

Thanks.

Archived