[Event] 2014 NISSAN TrailSeeker #3 Curro Hazeldean

WesselvdWalt

Tried to enter now, but its not working...

Weird, does not work from home but works from work. Just entered the Marathon.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working on it but it is all about the time and money. Broken derailleurs, hangers, tyres and chains nails me on races every time. My hardtail is also not that forgiving in the Magaliesberg events. That why I look forward to a race where nothing goes wrong for a change so I can improve my seeding.

Then this next race should be ok to do that. If it's anything like the Cullinan race it should flow nicely. There was nothing to break you there.

So far these Trailseeker races this year seem to have been more about enjoyment and good flowing rides than bike breaking stuff.

I have enjoyed these first two races and I am sure this one will not disappoint.

You do know there are guys in Pretoria that will help with this. And not saying take it to the bicycle shop. There are people that will help. And it is easy. Just get rim tape, snot and valves.

I'm considering it but I don't know if my schwable rapid robs that came with the bike will hold up..As far as I know they aren't tubeless ready tires..Maybe save up for new tires instead.

I'm considering it but I don't know if my schwable rapid robs that came with the bike will hold up..As far as I know they aren't tubeless ready tires..Maybe save up for new tires instead.
maybe start a tread or do a bit of Google work on this. Have not tried to make a non tubeless tyre a tubeless tyre...

Profile will prob look something like this :

------------^-------^-------------------------

I think theres only one bump :ph34r:

So do I just pitch with my SAS board, and get seeded at the event with a letter representing the batch to start in? Have not used the board at any race before as they did not require it.

So do I just pitch with my SAS board, and get seeded at the event with a letter representing the batch to start in? Have not used the board at any race before as they did not require it.

You'll get an email the week before the race that indicates your starting batch.

The your race pack will contain a sticker matching your starting batch. This sticker you stick on the sass board (normally the default letter on the board is a D or Z). Place the sticker over this letter.

There's also a big sticker in the race pack that represents the race you're doing (40km, 70km, etc). This you stick on at the top front of the board.

If you selected to have your race pack delivered it will be delivered to you. If not you need to collect. Just check the website for those details.

Then you're to enter the starting pins; find the one matching your seeding batch and go in there. They will scan your board when you enter to make sure you're in the correct pin.

Any spare entries going around? looking for a very, very late cancellation/substitution.

Starting to contemplate giving up on the 20km. Have not had enough training and the 12km commute in the mornings and afternoon does not help much.

Need to extend my training route and get on the bike on weekends as well. Pissing off my fiancee is starting to become just another day another dik bek vrou

Starting to contemplate giving up on the 20km. Have not had enough training and the 12km commute in the mornings and afternoon does not help much.

Need to extend my training route and get on the bike on weekends as well. Pissing off my fiancee is starting to become just another day another dik bek vrou

Don't give up on the 20km, you don't need much training at all for the race, besides, it's a fun race and quite a flat one with lot's of people going very slowly, if you're doing a 12km commute everyday that's most probably more than 90% of the field does ... unless of course you're going to piss off the fiancee - now that's a different story all together...

Archived