Road race tires

Zatek

I need to kit my carbon deep section wheels out with tires. I did some research and have narrowed my choices down to the following. These will only be used for racing not training.

GP4000S

GP4000S2

Conti Force Attack combo

Ultremo ZX

I have used GP4000 and Ultremo ZX and I can't fault the 2 but Ultremo was lighter and require less effort for high speed according to the web.

Does anybody else have other information I shiuld consider or information?

Edited by Zatek

Does anybody have info on Attack Force combo? Can't find any info on rolling resistance on thesw tires or test done.

Have you considered Vittoria Diamanté or Open Corse CX range. Sorry just throwing a spanner in the works.

I saw that Open Corse range is almost or equal to the Gp4000s tires but can you give your experience with these tirs?

I have and still do use the Rubino's and Diamanté, they brilliant racing tires. I personally haven't used the Open Corsa range purely because of cost. But they used and have been used in the pro Pelton for many years. The Open Corsa range has huge history and respect in racing in Europe. I would seriously give it some consideration.

I use Gatorskins for training, but only Vittoria on my race wheels. They fast and handle so well. I have never had any issues with them.

Have you considered Vittoria Diamanté or Open Corse CX range. Sorry just throwing a spanner in the works.

+1

Vittoria makes a really good tyre.

I'd say Zafiro/Rubino for training and Open Corsa for racing.

Diamante are nice too but appear to be really light/thin.

Cost and availability make Vittoria less popular than some other tyres.

I don't think there's much difference between the Conti 4000 and Force/Attack.

Force/Attack of course comes with dedicated front (22mm)/rear (24mm).

And how about Michelin Pro Race as a another option.?

Like with most things cycling, I don't think there'll be too much difference between top end tyres.

It probably comes down to price and availability ...

Edited by Thomo

I read that cyclist get about 800miles on a pair of Force Attack combo. which is good for a year to year of a half racing which is ok if there is really a advantage over the Gp4000 and open corsa tires and the combo cost less.

Open Corsa was /is (?) on special in certain sizes at 60% discount at CRC. They are great on my deepsections.

I train with Ultremo ZX 25c

Highly recommended for clinchers

Fast rubber, some toughness to minimize punctures

Currently running a set of Ultremo ZX, purely because Evobikes had them on special. Can't fault them. Also ran Mitch Pro Race, again no hassles.

Used the Force/Attack combo years back and could see no benefit in the wheel specific marketing claim.

On my tubeless Rims I had Ultremo ZX. Liked them. Now running Bontrager because they make 25C in tubeless.

Go for wider tyres....

I'm a convert too, but I think most will take a lot of convincing before going wider.

I'm a convert too, but I think most will take a lot of convincing before going wider.

The handling is definitely better

• 2 weeks later...