[Solved] Independent reviewer wanted

brad890

Hey guys and girls

I'm looking for someone to test and review one of my bike lights, as an unbiased independent reviewer over a few weeks

I would preferably like someone who has been doing night rides for a little while now, and has used a few different lights so as to have a basis for their review, someone who rides both dirt and road would be ideal, but someone who sticks to the dirt would also be fine, as most of my queries regarding my lights are for MTB

The light I'd like to have tested would be the single LED T6 lights I have, with a 6400mAh battery pack

If you or someone you know would like to test and review a light please give me a shout, either on this thread or by PM

If you wanna send it to Cape Town I would bounce it around my mates to get their opinions as well. We do lots of night rides.

Brad

I ride before dawn several times a week. MTB mostlly singletrack, sometimes road. I use a LED Lenser M7R on a handlebar mount and its greatest advantage apart from good brightness is its ability to zoom out wide for single track and in for a longer beam on road. Only way I could live with handlebar mounted fixed beam again is if I had two of them...one spread beam and one longer spot ( as per the old Sigma halogen set I used to have).

I saw a light very similar to tthe one you have posted recently and it has an excellent beam on it but to my mind not nearly enough spread for twisty single tracks.

Another trick that works well is to use a high end LED headlamp on your helmet (e.g Petzl, princeton tec or Black diamond) and a fixed beam on handlebars.

Hey everybody

Thank you so much for all the messages and replies.

I'll message everyone who PM'd me in the next couple minutes, I should be sorted, looking at some of the messages.

hope everyone has a nice weekend further and happy riding.

Regards

Bradley

As said above, look a lot like some other lights on the market. Like those from Ryder.

With that, I am not saying it is bad or anything.

But if I may give advice, GET ANOTHER BAR MOUNTING SYSTEM.

I have chucked those mounts on my lights and fitted better ones.

Those are crappy. The rubber band are to long or the short, and they perish and break and the light can not be swiveled and then shine off center form the front wheel

I'll +1 that.

I have replaced the dumb@ss rubberband system on my new light set with the clamp from my old (now dead) lights. It took me all of one ride to realise how useless the rubberband system is...

Have got the same looking light, problem is the bloody rubber band bar mounts. Cant get the thing to sit still on a bumpy track.