Introducing Backtracker

Backtracker

Hello Maddox

We've reduced the cost of the unit from $199 in order to offset the cost of transport. The production units will travel internationally, even for us here in RSA. Thanks for the support! If you'd like to try out a unit, once ordered, we'll arrange something with you.

Personally I would like the display unit to be out on a stalk in front of my handlebars rather than on top of them - this would place it closer to my peripheral vision, meaning I would not have to look down as much to see it.

Perhaps a google-glass interface...? That should solve that. Just need to get the other device manufacturers onto this as well. Heart rate etc

Are u kidding,over priced ? In a sport where we pay 1500 for a pair of shorts?

Maybe change shops? I have seen and bought bike shorts for less than that.

Like I said before, I won't mind a BackTracker as one's life are worth far more than a radar device.

But I am more on MTB trails than on open roads, so using a BackTracker on MTB trails won't help much. However, if the creators of BackTracker develop a new unit (as in one of my posts, combining with the BackTracker), then I will 'sommer koop twee'! Seriously. Thát would save my life more than anything else...

Given the theft / hijacking of biking these days, alongside with accidents, I would like to think it would be fantastic to get a device that gives you more than one function: warning as well as tracking.

post-57331-0-87108300-1407932293_thumb.png

Hello Maddox

We've reduced the cost of the unit from $199 in order to offset the cost of transport. The production units will travel internationally, even for us here in RSA. Thanks for the support! If you'd like to try out a unit, once ordered, we'll arrange something with you.

Ok, but why is the shipping free in the US - are you building them there?

Also - what about VAT, clearing etc (I've wasted enough time going down to Capemail to release international shipments).

Hi Guys

F'r incase you missed #sscycling last night, here's the Backtracker clip: http://youtu.be/fkLUv6h18Ho

Hi, your video answered one of my questions (2 posts up) - ie that they are being made in SA. Still not sure then why we need to buy these "internationally". This device is already fairly expensive so if I can avoid 10$ shipping, VAT etc that makes sense..

Our friend @Maddox ordered a special Hub offer....we have two left at USD149.00 - go for it..once you ordered one, we'll ensure you get a chance to try a demo unit out. Goto crowd.backtracker.io NOW!

That should be mandatory for all roadies so if they're riding many abreast at least the offenders could move over for approaching vehicles.

• 5 months later...

What's happening now that Garmin has acquired Backtracker?

Yes, please update this development. Will units still be available or will the only option be to get a garmin once they have integrated this technology into their devices?

Archived