2015 S Works Epic

Johny Bravo

when you have details on the new Camber, please share with us. I know a lot of us are very interested, and especially keen to know if we will get the Evo versions and the S works frame only option. Very very keen on a S works Camber this year.

They are doing the The Comp Carbon, Expert Carbon and anExpert Evo model. Sworks will also be availible in a frame set. I can add some specs and prices later.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are doing the The Comp Carbon, Expert Carbon and anExpert Evo model. Sworks will also be availible in a frame set. I can add some specs and prices later.

Oh yes. finally we get the Evo. That model will sell like hotcakes. Thanks so much.

NO MAN. Get educated on the difference between structural rigidity (stiffness) and a "stiff ride"

Stiffness in the suspension world basically means lack of flex. Flex = BAD. It makes your wheels track badly, and unpredictably. You want a fork to be as stiff as possible (structurally) without being too heavy.

As for the suspension itself (action) you want that to be sensitive to small bumps, but not blow through the travel when the going gets rough - firm, in other words.

I don,t turn that much when i ride .I mainly keep everything in a straight line ,brake ,put my foot down ,turn the bike and carry on .For small bumps i ride with flattish tyres and my fork has always been on something called lockout .What you have discribed sounds like an erectile disfunction

I don,t turn that much when i ride .I mainly keep everything in a straight line ,brake ,put my foot down ,turn the bike and carry on .For small bumps i ride with flattish tyres and my fork has always been on something called lockout .What you have discribed sounds like an erectile disfunction

Cool story, bro. Thing is, for people who turn, hit berms, jumps, drops and rock / root gardens, flex is bad. VERY bad. It's kinda the same as having a grossly under-inflated tyre, and trying to take a corner at speed - that lateral movement that makes you feel as if the back end is going to wash out at any second? Yeah.

But - don't take my word for it...

We don,t do stuff like that in Gauteng .We ride everything hard and then the shop fixes what had broken and repeat !

We don,t do stuff like that in Gauteng .We ride everything hard and then the shop fixes what had broken and repeat !

Even still. Flex in the fork means you're putting less power down. So you'd still need a stiff fork. Stiff fork = no lateral movement / flex. Firm fork means less suspension movement when you hit the bumps.

Even still. Flex in the fork means you're putting less power down. So you'd still need a stiff fork. Stiff fork = no lateral movement / flex. Firm fork means less suspension movement when you hit the bumps.

I fear your wisdom is lost on poor old blitzer. Probably still bitter that the Bulls did not reach the playoffs.

I have plenty power like John Smit .Won,t notice a bit of loss here and there .It might make a difference to a skinny capetonian thou

I have plenty power like John Smit .Won,t notice a bit of loss here and there .It might make a difference to a skinny capetonian thou

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the first time in 30 plus years I've been referred to as "skinny". Even then, not.

105kg, 6 ft. Yeah. I'm absolutely lanky.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the first time in 30 plus years I've been referred to as "skinny". Even then, not.

105kg, 6 ft. Yeah. I'm absolutely lanky.

Then that carbon s-works is not for us in the buffelo catagory .I think now we are getting somewhere in this thread Edited by Blitzer

It's actually flex in the BB that equates to less power.

I flimsy fork simply just feels flimsy.

It's actually flex in the BB that equates to less power.

I flimsy fork simply just feels flimsy.

yeah, but if some of your power goes into a wobbly fork, it'll move sideways instead of forwards. Not as much as if you have a flexy BB (that just feels as if you're churning butter but going 5 kph)

Would be enhanced pedal bob, except not in the rear suspension...

yeah, but if some of your power goes into a wobbly fork, it'll move sideways instead of forwards. Not as much as if you have a flexy BB (that just feels as if you're churning butter but going 5 kph)

Would be enhanced pedal bob, except not in the rear suspension...

Just saying that all these through axles and beefier crowns add to some forward momentum, but it's really 0.867686960607645 %

Pedal bob, yes that can be energy sapping, but then again I have seen people with such poor form that they can make a rigid fork bob.

Just saying that all these through axles and beefier crowns add to some forward momentum, but it's really 0.867686960607645 %

Pedal bob, yes that can be energy sapping, but then again I have seen people with such poor form that they can make a rigid fork bob.

HAHAHAHAH!!! Yeah, indeed! Although on the uphills, that'd be me at the moment. Damn. 2 months off with flu, tonsillitus, sick laitie, cancerous (then not cancerous) dad and so on. Takes it out of you.

Was panting harder than a paedo at the local Spur playpen.

Don't be nasty now, i can't help it if i pedal like the oros man, it's the only way I'm able to get my knees past my pensie :(