What bib to buy?

Nickster

Has anybody bought their bibs from Chain Reaction cycles, is there any import costs on bringing in clothing like that or just the shipping fees?

Im looking for some Assos S5 but all i can find locally at good prices is very big sizes.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody bought their bibs from Chain Reaction cycles, is there any import costs on bringing in clothing like that or just the shipping fees?

Im looking for some Assos S5 but all i can find locally at good prices is very big sizes.

Don't ..... duties will double price

Try www.bikewear.co.za

Some of the best bib shorts I have ever worn were Panda.

Not easy to come by as I think they cater for the Team/Club type of orders.

I have never seen them on a rack in a shop.

But damn they were good bibs.

http://www.pandasport.co.za/

Panda have an unofficial factory store in their factory located in town.

It's all the surplus stock they have which they will sell at a huge discount.

If you leave in Jhb and don't mind doing some free advertising for a random brand then pop into the store.

Only problem is that its only open during office hours during the week.

From a technical side, just how snug and tight should bib shorts fit? According to First Ascent sizing chart i should wear a medium however when i tried the medium on over the weekend i found it really tight but was not sure if it was just because i have been riding with shorts that are a size too big up to this point. I ended up going with the large as they were tight and comfortable but now I keep thinking if ive got the wrong size.

Try the Nalini Lambro bibs from Evobikes. Awesome fit and they last for ever.

These Lambro are mild compression bibs, go a size up from your normal sizing if you decide to go that route. And agreed, I have had mine for ages, and they are still as good as new!

Do a search on CRC on here...quite a few threads that discuss all the detail re import taxes and shipping fees.

I agree with jcza, import tax is just too much and you will end up paying more than local prices, which is unfortunate because you don't find the same variety of products locally at all.

(p.s - I have a friend who travels to the UK every now and then - when I need something from CRC or Wiggle I have it delivered to an adress over there and my buddy brings it back).

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody got experience riding the Craft Elite bibs?

What is the fit like and the chamois, have read that they are quite small sizing wise and have a tendancy to become see through?

When we sell bibs we always recommend to cyclist to take a size bigger, if you have only worn SA products.

For top quality, well priced Vermarc Bibs checkout bicyclegear.co.za.

Two World Pro-Teams have chosen Vermarc, as well as 4 of the top 30 teams on the Cape Epic this year...

Edited by Bicyclegear

I had the urge to try out some new gear as I think most of us started off with First Ascent, and then maybe some Panda, and possibly some F-Tech etc.

Always wanted to try out Assos as most guys and girls rant and rave about the product. So I took the plunge yesterday after doing a bit of price checks here and there and went to Bikewear in PTA.

Amazingly friendly bunch of guys with probably the widest range of Assos gear. So now I'm all kitted in Assos and can't wait for the weekend's long rides

Edited by SurferChild