Baggies

Newboy

So my better half travelled a bit and bought me 3 pairs of Endura Singletrack baggies with click in liner shorts. I have never used baggies. When she asked if I wanted some it sounded like a good idea. I have not worn them yet and every time I open the cycling drawer they stare at me.

My question is who on here wears baggies and why do you wear them? I either need to convince myself to wear them or get rid of them.

I've tried some bibs (granted probably not the best I don't think) and other Lycra shorts, but I always come back to my baggies.

They are super comfortable, have pockets for things and mainly I don't feel like a creep walking around with my package accentuated! ???????? *whistling*

Here is me sporting my Enduro's, a First Accent second skin and a Second Skin cycling shirt (bigger size so it's a bit baggie as well).

post-49286-1405566117,6039.jpg

In the end it all comes down to what you feel comfortable with and what works for you and your ride.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my better half travelled a bit and bought me 3 pairs of Endura Singletrack baggies with click in liner shorts. I have never used baggies. When she asked if I wanted some it sounded like a good idea. I have not worn them yet and every time I open the cycling drawer they stare at me.

My question is who on here wears baggies and why do you wear them? I either need to convince myself to wear them or get rid of them.

Love my baggies and they offer more protection than lycra.

I vote for lycra...If you've got it flaunt it!! :) ( But please boys toss them get when they get thin and see through!) :eek:

You are referring to the bib in the last (sentence)...........?!?!?

(espresso can lead to brain farts and exercising to hypertrophy)

Thanks for the advice. We looked at each other again this morning. I am still not convinced. I guess I am lycra boy, probably my years of road cycling before I became a mountain biker.

I guess a add for 3 pairs of large never worn Endura Singletrack shorts will shortly go up.

Thanks for the advice. We looked at each other again this morning. I am still not convinced. I guess I am lycra boy, probably my years of road cycling before I became a mountain biker.

I guess a add for 3 pairs of large never worn Endura Singletrack shorts will shortly go up.

bugger

Load those baby's on they will be snapped up if they are a reasonable price.

Load those baby's on they will be snapped up if they are a reasonable price.

Thanks I will, any idea what will be a reasonable price? What do they retail for?

i'll offer R550 ex shipping, what coulor are they

Please let us know when they are up!

Got my first pair of baggies this year and love them on my "play" and social rides. If the price is good... they won't stay in the classifieds long.

For my first race ( Sabie Exp. 2011) I wore baggies. In the next addition of Bycycling my photo appeared above the heading " BUTT UGLY " . Fortunately they discussed the baggies and not me as a person.

Edited by Tromp

You are referring to the bib in the last (sentence)...........?!?!?

(espresso can lead to brain farts and exercising to hypertrophy)

I meant that if you are trim, lycra looks good, but the seethrough comment refers to the bibs that need an eulogy. At the end of the day it is what makes you comfortable. And yes...maybe I did have a little too much coffee! :wacko:

I hear you there. Love the lycra for the road but it's got to be baggies (for my riding) when you hit the dirt. I don't do long distances though, more trail riding so they work wonder to save the lycra when you're getting snagged by trees, crashing, digging stuff plus knee pads just look freaky paired with back to back lycra.

Did a google image search for 'Mountain bike shorts' and there wasn't a piece of lycra to be seen... just sayin'.

Now sell me those darn shorts!