Idiots on The Spruit

LegsEleven

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the way that helmets positioned, this dude either died or he lost at least a 100 IQ points.....

Probably didn't have a 100 to start off with...

Bullies never make me laugh.

Ya she is a bully that's fo sure! But she has a pug face...thug face...Oh well its a pugs life..

post-44959-0-51812400-1406029184_thumb.jpg

Edited by Undun

post-44094-0-06161100-1406028455_thumb.jpg

Get a .45 Glock...

WEIGHT is 680g excluding mag and rounds... Very light and compact. Even if you get hit by a runaway tank your gun will NOT automatically discharge-I LIKE. Though Oscar can discharge anything accidently...including Stinky Court/Room clearers ..

Edited by Undun

The facts are that the Spruit is by far the busiest MTB trail in SA - mostly because it runs right through the middle of some of Joburg's leafy suburbs and it's free.

Besides us MTBers, this greenbelt is shared by runners, walkers, dog walkers, horse riders, commuters and the occasional idiot motorcyclist. That's a whole lot of people from the most varied cultures and backgrounds being brought together. no other trail has this.

The reason why it hasn't descended into complete chaos is because, just like our roads, business, schools etc, it's a small minority in all aspects of life who believe they are superior. They are the idiots. You have to learn to deal with them. Unfortunately even on a weekend when you are participating in your favourite recreational sport.

It's quite rare for the idiots to resort to physical violence, but just like on our roads, trail rage does happen. That's why the Spruit Rats favour flat shoes. It is easier to land on ones feet after being pushed or hit. And provides much better purchase for your footing when defending yourself. Besides that the Rats tend to steer clear of the well worn main pathways wherever possible, rather frolicking on the unidirectional small to medium sized jumps off the main trailway.

SPOT ON!

Bullies never make me laugh.

BUT the RC car land on its wheels..I don't think she does..

Edited by Undun

Just one day, one day, the dogs will snap and stop barking and licking and playing around. That's when things will get nasty. Imagine coming around a bend on the Spruit, tyres fighting for traction, rider scraping his knee ... and behind the next jump ...

post-12446-0-52769200-1406032255_thumb.jpg

Just one day, one day, the dogs will snap and stop barking and licking and playing around. That's when things will get nasty. Imagine coming around a bend on the Spruit, tyres fighting for traction, rider scraping his knee ... and behind the next jump ...

And our glocks won't be any match for this!

ok so what have i learnt from all of this.

1\ i cant take my cats for a walk on the spruit.

2\the spruit is like a Brazilian, I small green strip across the leafy jhb suburbs.

3\thank **** i dont have to ride it, its all free down my side of town, without the thousand of other riders, dog walkers and agro strava crew.

From guns to dogs... Great thread this is...

My story, riding at the top of Emmarentia against the fence at Markspark got a good speed going and all of a sudden out of nowhere a border collie comes up next to me trying to bite me (This is by that little bridge), so I try fend the dog off but it gets a nip in and a lose a little control and start going down the embankment, now the owner comes running. I start shouting at the owner saying WTF is your dog doing, and she responds saying I keep it off the leash because it only attacks cyclists and that's ok because we should not be riding in the dog park.

Some estranged owners out there...

Sound like the same c*nt that threw the stick accross my path!