Bonus

Race radio says that Martin crashed but it was difficult to understand what happened. He seems nervous as he takes off his cape and so could have crashed and swapped bikes with a teammate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin is apparently now 1:28 down on the front of the peloton. This could actually be costly for Martin.

The break has reached the misty summit of the climb but behind Dan Martin is still chasing because he's stuck behind other riders.

Sammy Sanchez (BMC) is leading on the descent and seemingly taking risks to try and get a gap on the wet roads.

Sanchez is seventh overall and keen to move up or even win so close to his home town or Oviedo.

!!!

The road is slippy and dangerous. A Movistar rider has gone off the side of the road into the forest below.

!!!

The road is slippy and dangerous. A Movistar rider has gone off the side of the road into the forest below.

Bring on those disc brakes hey

After the nervous descent the peloton is coming back together but they are still 4:10 behind the break.

Bad luck for Dan - hope he gets back in there.

30 secs back

The chase would've burnt crucial matches which could cost him a solid finalè !!

Movistar is still leading the peloton as the start of the clmib to the finish nears ever closer. There are just 30 or so riders in the peloton.