Some upgrade advice needed

l4y3rcake

So my sister surprised me yesterday with an almost complete XTR 2x10 groupo(used but in a great condition and just the brakes were excluded).

Thing is that I'm still on an entry level HT Silverback Spectra 3.0. Will it be beneficial for me to upgrade my current 3x10 Deore/SLX with the XTR seeing as it will be hella expensive to maintain?

I'm considering selling the XTR and getting a 26" DS frame to build my current components onto.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Edited by l4y3rcake

Yes to the dual susser.

Ok then...

What kinda value am I looking at?

Got double blade crank, shifters, FD, RD, cluster, free-hub body

Ok then...

What kinda value am I looking at?

Got double blade crank, shifters, FD, RD, cluster, free-hub body

I honestly don't know... Have a look at the classifieds, or look at EVO and take 25-30% off the price of a new set. If you have the free-hub body, sell it separately, or keep it.

I honestly don't know... Have a look at the classifieds, or look at EVO and take 25-30% off the price of a new set. If you have the free-hub body, sell it separately, or keep it.

Thanks Mayhem. Looks like I have some math to do.

Keep the XTR, they cost a fortune nowdays.......save up and buy the duel frame that you wanted and build the XTR on to it.

The only parts of XTR you need to maintain is the cassette and chain. Once they are worn, there is nothing to stop you replacing those parts with SLX or Deore.

Edited by Eugene

Keep the XTR, they cost a fortune nowdays.......save up and buy the duel frame that you wanted and build the XTR on to it.

The only parts of XTR you need to maintain is the cassette and chain. Once they are worn, there is nothing to stop you replacing those parts with SLX or Deore.

Would you like to make an offer?