Mountain biking - Drakensburg (rental and trails)

nazmo

Hi All, weekend of the 23rd August, I will be at the champagne resort on a company retreat. I do however hope to get some riding done and would like to know if there are any trails and bike rental recommendations.

i have no idea where to even start, The resort website says they have mountain biking but they dont sound very clued up.

Any advice welcome!

Go to Mountain Splendour just down the road. Owned and run my multi sport athletes Iain and Sue Don-Wauchope. They have some great single track on their property but also take rides into the forests and surrounding areas. Young chap by the name of Sanele works there, he is a great rider and often takes the more advanced riders. Look them up.

Thanks guys! I shall contact all of them and see what I can do. Even if I do a 10km route twice or three times

I second Mount Splendour. Iain took us on an amazing 3 hour ride in the mountains. Round up some colleauges and book ahead with him.

I was there last weekend. There were two places we couldn't decide on so we ended up doing both. We did Dragons peak in the morning and we were blown away! it is right by boys choir. Speak to the guy about doing as long a route as possible. I think we did something>black>blue>red>orange. Really amazing ride with some hairy bits. We did Mountain splendour afterwards. If you have to do one, dragons peak! :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, I was on my own and did a modified version of mountain splendour. Dis Baie koud Hier in die oggend! Lovely trail, technically easy but surroundings are amazing.

We are heading out to Alpine Health resort in September. I'll definately give the trails in the area a go!

While on the subject of the drakensberg. We spent the weekend at Riverlea cottage in Underberg, and if you are looking for a lekker place to unwind with access to great trails (sani spoors) on your doorstep then look them up. I left my bike at home but went for a trail run on the trails and they are great. - lots of dams on your doorstep for fly fishing too..if thats your thing

edit...its pretty ***

http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10616811_731982613516178_1987784097_n.jpg

Edited by Stretch

Sani Spoors is an amazing trail in the Drakensberg.. probably one of the best! Properly fun.

Northern Berg = All out Adventures :drool: The Trilby and Grotto Trail

Central Berg = Dragons Peak and Mountain Splendour

Underberg = Sani Spoors :clap:

Yeah it's a proper place! This was at Dragons peak when we went. :thumbup:

Very cool trails there Red and black being favourites. Go up and around with red the first time and then when coming back around do the black route down, then climb up the short but leg busting black climb onto the red route.

Repeat as many times as you'd like.

Here's some video footage of both runs.

Red

Black