Agressive and dangerous riding

Die Oom

Does a vacuum cause an echo ?

A vacuum cannot cause anything becuase it is a state.

An echo cannot be heard in a vacuum becuase sound waves need a medium through which to travel.

So your question is kind of lame, could you please rephrase? You'll have to be quick I'm almost done here!

Hey Oom, think you should perhaps read Tubed & GoLefty's posts again.

Both of them were in fact supporting your original post.. Ermm

Ag tog ek hoop ek het jou nie gemis nie ! Jy het dan die antwoord op my vraag gegee !! But let me rephrase :

Does a vacuum amplify an echo ?

listen you guys there are some incredibly strong vets with 2.50  Argus and minus that ,they are 60+. i want to see some of you guys when ur 60+ performing the same.

hot stuff2008-03-13 07:50:40

Ag tog ek hoop ek het jou nie gemis nie ! Jy het dan die antwoord op my vraag gegee !! But let me rephrase :

Does a vacuum amplify an echo ?

No comment!

Oom, Lion and company, this message is for you.

That whooshing sound you heard as you read the "offensive" post, was the sound of satire flying over your head at high altitude. Consider yourselves had.

If this analogy doesn't help, try this one: that bitter taste in your gullet is a hook, line and sinker.

Johan Bornman2008-03-13 07:57:27

Oom,

Sorry if I have offended, that was never the intention, nor was it to hijack your post.

It's just that after 21 funride champs I feel a similar way you do, but I have also realised that the ride is so much bigger than me, so nowdays I stress less and try and enjoy it despite the life threatening riding of those around me.

Next time I'll start another thread and label it

Humour: a wannabe pro's take on the Argus week

I think after all of these years a have quite a few humourous observations which outweigh the stress the past week can generate.

cheers

Tubed... although we can appreciate your humour...

in Die Oom's defence, what you said earlier was so close to home, I understand why Die Oom failed to see the humour in it.

Die Oom had so much form this year it was amazing! He was out climbing SV I know! Die Oom is pretty new to the world of cycling and has grown so quickly. We have all been there, trying to crack our first sub3.

After riding in other races eg WP champs etc... perspective is gained that Argus is a very dangerous over crowed bunch ride. Never-the-less we come back each year cos we love it.

What I'm trying to say, is that I would wish that the ppl that get caught up in the hype of the Argus, would enjoy it but not let this impactly negatively on there rode manors.

Argus is a very dangerous over crowed bunch ride.

Agreed, that's the reason why I quit the Argus 3 years ago, will only consider riding it again on a tandem next year, which is the plan, for nowWink