Lance's teammates admit doping

Poison Ivy

hey vino and his kazach mafia team mate accidentalyy missed a doping control the other day...should we read anything into that ??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey vino and his kazach mafia team mate accidentalyy missed a doping control the other day...should we read anything into that ??

Isn't that grounds for automatic dq from the race?

now that would be a train smash, eh?

marty

True you have not. So why should they be in the dog box then if they are innocent ? I'd just like to see the same "rules" applied equally' date=' but we generally never tar our hero's with the same brush.

I guess they could always follow the tried and tested armstrong/Landis routeand claim it's all a French plot. Perhaps all those tested by "that" French lab and found guilty should have the ruling reversed ?? LOL
[/quote']Well E1A104, it's 50/50. You say they innocent and I say they might be guilty. I don't know, but Basso has been suspended and Ullrich has been suspended and then sacked. I don't really care about Ullirch cause it looks to me like his 99% guilty. Basso I still think might be safe but his not guilty and his not innocent...yet... so let me rather put it this way...Basso is halfway in the dog box... Head in the box and ass sticking out Big%20smile. You say they innocent? Why? and what proof do you have?

Isn't that grounds for automatic dq from the race?

now that would be a train smash' date=' eh?

[/quote']

It would be if they were avoiding a scheduled test, but this was an unscheduled test and they were arrived after Vino and Kash were scheduled to leave the hotel and did leave the hotel.  For surprise tests, the testers need to arrive on need to know what the schedule is of the riders (in this case they did - riders were due to leave at 7.30am) and need to arrive in time to conduct their tests.  They arrived at 7.36am when they really needed to be there by 7am to allow the guys to leave on schedule.

linnega2006-09-12 14:15:03

The funniest thing is...

Everyone who dislikes Lance and thinks he doped... All their hero's are falling now... Hubbers signature's have changed from the Basso's to whatever. I love it! I love reading these threads. All the trolls come out and play and I get a giggle with every post I read. Before all the doping allegations started Lance was k@k and this and that and Basso/Landis/Jan's/whoever were the true cyclists... Now the wheel has turned and I'm enjoying every little bit of it.

Forever a Lance fan... Approve

AMEN!Thumbs%20Up

Lance, Lance, Lance!Approve

ah, thanks for the explanation (hadn't read it at cylingnews.com when

I posted). It sounded initially that they missed a control, not a surprize

control, big difference.

marty

Well E1A104, it's 50/50. You say they innocent and I say they might be guilty. I don't know, but Basso has been suspended and Ullrich has been suspended and then sacked. I don't really care about Ullirch cause it looks to me like his 99% guilty. Basso I still think might be safe but his not guilty and his not innocent...yet... so let me rather put it this way...Basso is halfway in the dog box... Head in the box and ass sticking out Big%20smile. You say they innocent? Why? and what proof do you have?

I did not say they were innocent or guilty - what I was trying to say is that  until they are tested and the results made public they should surely be assumed innocent (in a perfect world of course) just as la is assumed innocent as he never tested positive. By the same token, what proof do you have that they are guilty?

I personally thinking they are guilty,  Basso is ducking DNA tests as is Ullrich and that makes me wonder why? Even if they do test postive, they could always use the la/landis excuse that it is a french plot to discredit  non-french riders.

okay LAnce did not need to dope because all his team mates were up to their eyeballs in the stuff.  And cycling is a team sport after all, the team is expected to make sacrifices for the team leader.  There is a term "guilty by association".  How innocent is Lance when many of his former team mates have been found guilty?  (Hamiliton, Landis, Heras, and now two others?)

Did he know about their little "Sin".  If their "sin" was a private affair that their leader never suspected, how can you accept their testimony that they never "saw Lance do it" as credible evidence.

How great are his acheivements, if those how helped him and supported him were lying cheats? (Lying to him about their cheating ways nogal?)

By the same token' date=' what proof do you have that they are guilty?

I personally thinking they are guilty,  Basso is ducking DNA tests as is Ullrich and that makes me wonder why? Even if they do test postive, they could always use the la/landis excuse that it is a french plot to discredit  non-french riders.
[/quote']I don't have proof but suspension is enough for now... Like I said it's 50/50. 50% they innocent and 50% they they're not...well not they...Basso. Ullrichs done and like I said I don't really care about Ullrich. I hope Basso is not guilty.

The whole fiasco is a joke.

In my opinion only T-Mobile have acted with any morals, they took the first decision at the tdf to toss Ullrich out once they heard the accusations, they then put pressure on the other teams to follow suit.

Without the pressure from T-MOBILE I personally doubt this whole joke would have been in the news,  both Ullrich and Basso would have riden and we would have been none the wiser.

CSC cannot claim ANY HIGH GROUND HERE.

Further to this T-Mobile put a time limit on their riders to prove innocence or face dismissal and stuck to it.

None of the other teams least of all CSC has done this, in my opinion CSC should do the same and give Basso a deadline, prove your innoncence or face dismissal by xyz date and stick to it.

My question is "Why have they not done this"??

Basso has also gone underground and is lying low hoping the whole thing will blow over and disappear - this is not the direction I would assume an innocent man would take.