dropper post advice

cadenceblur

Hi Guys

Wonder if anyone can assist with some advice for a friend.

He want to buy a dropper post, but he has a small frame and his seat tube is too short for the post. At full extension, his seat will be too high.

Can the post be cut?

I have attached pics for reference. There is a red device at the bottom of the post, if it is cut, can this red thing be shifted up?

His seat tube is 390mm, but I believe there's a bend that preventing it being pushed all the way in

The post has a total length of 400mm

Its the KS Super Natural

post-26299-0-64549800-1408955764_thumb.jpg

post-26299-0-39773000-1408955782_thumb.jpg

post-26299-0-27492300-1408956066_thumb.jpg

short answer is no it cannot be cut, not that i am aware of, the canister and mechanism wont allow for it. he can just extend the post to his full height he doesnt need to extend all the way. not ideal but a work around.

yes, I thought of that, but then he'd probably have other issues because of that.

Pity - he really wants one, but I reckon due to the size constraints - he wont be able to get one, unless he looks at another brand of course.

There is a 350mm total 100mm drop version of the Supernatural. Or just go for a reverb or xfusoon

yes, I thought of that, but then he'd probably have other issues because of that.

Pity - he really wants one, but I reckon due to the size constraints - he wont be able to get one, unless he looks at another brand of course.

half inch soles on his shoes as a workaround, maybe? :whistling:

I could be talking out the wrong hole here... but, I think you can put a spacer in the KS posts to reduce the travel from 125mm to 100mm.

Google perhaps?

Would be interesting to see what the actual bikes measurement is at the moment with the standard non drop post is. Can he measure from the bend to the top of the seatpost? That would be your limiting number. If the dropper is longer than that fully extended, it won't work.

Would be interesting to see what the actual bikes measurement is at the moment with the standard non drop post is. Can he measure from the bend to the top of the seatpost? That would be your limiting number. If the dropper is longer than that fully extended, it won't work.

Yes, that's what I asked him to measure, the "bend" in the seat tube is the problem and I suspect it's more the amount that can be inserted that's the issue.