Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Guest Smimby

Everyone is just throwing vissershok in the mix....Just wonder how the masses will find that 1.1 km stretch.

The masses will handle it the same way the handled the Fun rides that used that.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Vissershok is thrown into the route I'm hanging up my road bike for my MTB, just for the granny gear..

no problem there, 3 blade crank on my Classic Roadie, went from 12 Speed to 18 Speed

Thankfully I will be in Cape Town for a month, so if the event is cancelled, I still will hopefully have a chance to ride some of the route.

I am assuming the expo is still on. Can you park your bike at the expo? Lock required?

Guest Smimby

My suggestion at another route.

This way you keep the start and finish in the same place.

If they're clever with some barriers they could split the start of N1 where Christiaan Barnard is going out to the Marine Drive turnoff, so that the return on Marine Drive, stays in the left lane of incoming N1, gets onto the Woodstock flyover, does a tight right and heads back onto the divded N1 to come back under the underpass towards the CTICC onto the GreenPoint highway to finish at the stadium.

Stuck to routes that went over bridges on the highways so that those would not be closed. People living in Tableview and riding would have to go in on the N7 and N1 to get to the start. N2 would be completely open and nothing in the Southern burbs or near the mountain.

https://www.strava.com/routes/1517963

One BEEEEG problem is the crossing you have close to the start

And the circle is used as part of the start chutes

post-29158-0-01206600-1425471861_thumb.jpg

After all this speculation, me thinks there is going to be a whole lot of dissapointed cyclist when the announcement is made ^_^

One BEEEEG problem is the crossing you have close to the start

And the circle is used as part of the start chutes

attachicon.gifa.jpg

Strava doesn't allow me to route it the way I explained. Let me see if I can do a diagram myself...

post-1208-0-20740100-1425473091_thumb.jpg

After all this speculation, me thinks there is going to be a whole lot of dissapointed cyclist when the announcement is made ^_^

Don't worry, they'll find something else to speculate on.... :thumbup:

Just got a call from a charity I registered for the tour with.

Apparently ride is going ahead with new route...

Just got a call from a charity I registered for the tour with.

Apparently ride is going ahead with new route...

And.......

Wow KFM had a target of R250k and they are over R1m already in their fund raiser in aid of all they chaos

This probably explains it better...

attachicon.gifStart and coming back CTCTother3.jpg

Your map is flawed...

Why not just have the outgoing route go up the wrong way on the N1?  Traffic couldn't go down there anyway, and then you don't need to try and separate the lanes to divide the cyclists.

In theory, obviously.  Because nobody wants to go to the north...  :ph34r:

Archived