Noordhoek Road Riding

Big JD

I will be in Noordhoek for a few days this week attending a conference at Monkey Valley and keen to take my road bike.

Is it safe to ride early morning alone?

What are the best routes (I would assume over Chappies and back)?

Any advice most grateful!

Cheers,

JD

Chappies to Hout Bay, then either Constantia Nek into Constantia, down Spaanschemat and back over Ou Kaapse Weg or over Suikerbossie into Sea Point and back, both around 50km. Depends on time and how much you like climbing, but the scenery on both routes is awesome.and the Constantia Nek descent is great fun if you like that sort of thing...

Constantia Nek descent is great fun if you like that sort of thing...

You need a big pair on Constantia Nek... Pretty hairy in places, but if you're confident, don't wobble too much and don't mind cars extremely close with no shoulder to ride on in parts, it's not too bad

Chapman's Peak is a must though.

happies to Hout Bay, then either Constantia Nek into Constantia, down Spaanschemat and back over Ou Kaapse Weg or over Suikerbossie into Sea Point and back, both around 50km. Depends on time and how much you like climbing, but the scenery on both routes is awesome.and the Constantia Nek descent is great fun if you like that sort of thing...

happies to Hout Bay, then either Constantia Nek into Constantia, down Spaanschemat and back over Ou Kaapse Weg or over Suikerbossie into Sea Point and back, both around 50km. Depends on time and how much you like climbing, but the scenery on both routes is awesome.and the Constantia Nek descent is great fun if you like that sort of thing...

Or vice-versa. Ou Kaaps to Constantia, Spaanschemaat, over the Nek, and back along Chappies. Or both. Both is good. Beware the Mommies at Reddam School - baaie gevaarlik in hul 4X4s!