Dual X 3 ARC Roodeplaat, Buffelsdrift

Runbikeswim

In for the full marathon again.

Have not yet received race pack or seeding.

Whos comming

Date

06 September 2014

Venue

ARC Roodeplaat, Buffelsdrift, North of Pretoria, South Africa

GPS Location

25°36'30.5"S 28°21'48.1"E

Elevation

1400m

Terrain

Rocky / Hard pack / Savanna / Bushveld

Features

Handbuilt Single Track / Dams / Rivers / Game

Registration

Fri 05th September 10:00 - 17:00 : Centurion Cycle Lab

Sat 06th September 06:30 - 09:00 : ARC Roodeplaat

Online Entries

Online entries close 05th September 06:00 or until cap has been reached of 1500 entrants.

Distance Options

DUALX Full Distance / DUALX Half Distance / DUALX Quarter Distance

Fo shizzle!

The running legs are coming along nicely - bring on the pain :clap:

I have a feeling this one is gonna be flatnfast...

Yep I'm In, race packs usually come on the Wednesday but haven't received mine yet. Spoke to Fritz at Trailseeker Saturday, he rates this one will be easier again than Hakahana (as hakahana was easier than Heia)... then we are gonna *** off at Van Gaalens at #4. Saw their Recce Ride on Strava of the Bike course, looks reasonably flattish (about 250m ascent) Should be Fun...

Edited by Ferret69

After Eldron beat me by 2min13seconds at the Dualx2, I realised my running sucks and I have decided to give up Duathlons.. kidding, need the time in the saddle, so have opted for the 6hr mtb at PBHS on Sat afternoon..

After Eldron beat me by 2min13seconds at the Dualx2, I realised my running sucks and I have decided to give up Duathlons.. kidding, need the time in the saddle, so have opted for the 6hr mtb at PBHS on Sat afternoon..

Enjoy the 6hr

This will be my first time racing at ARC roodeplaat, and FINALLY we will get to see richard murray vs brand du plessis... Go Veldbrandt!

This will be my first time racing at ARC roodeplaat, and FINALLY we will get to see richard murray vs brand du plessis... Go Veldbrandt!

Ooooooh! This should be exciting.

I reckon Brand will be faster on the bike and Richard faster on the feet. My money is on.........fark.........Brand :-)

Ooooooh! This should be exciting.

I reckon Brand will be faster on the bike and Richard faster on the feet. My money is on.........fark.........Brand :-)

I bet the physio at HPC 1kg biltong that Brand beats Richard, so you better be right!

I bet the physio at HPC 1kg biltong that Brand beats Richard, so you better be right!

Brand has done some amazing things on the mtb lately - multiple age group world champ. I also think he has the advantage on very technical trail runs.

Roodeplaat run will favour Richard more as it's less technical.

Bring on Saturday - it will be an awesome spectacle to see....for the first 1km :-)

....for the first 1km :-) = exactly :)

(We musn't write off phil buys nê... one day is one day)

Brand first run at the last was 3:37/km = and on THAT terrain! but whether the flatter stuff will play against him this weekend remains to be seen

Luckily we'll get to see the action unfold on tv :clap: .......much later :thumbdown: . They usually finished with their bavaria already by the time I'm done :w00t: