Tokai going to pot !! ..... really?

porqui

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UNfortunately, I'm not going to be there.

In addition to having a birthday party that I forgot about, my little one decided to get a dose of Hand Foot & Mouth disease, and has just passed it on to me. SO I'm infectious.

Not cool, as I was hoping to get back into the trail properly this time...

Must say I love Mamba as a black run but it is a bit hard in places for the average Tokai rider at the moment - the middle rock garden is properly rocky and the clay filled damp bit just before the exit is quite eroded and rocky too. Boomslang is an abomination though and needs a re-route/rethink etc.

The Bridal path is great fun - well done guys.

***Blatant Begging Alert***

If you can't make the build but want to contribute towards trail building you can make a contribution towards trail maintenance efforts via Snapscan. All money will go towards labour or materials.

post-18968-0-45289600-1409832881_thumb.jpg

Explain please - I can't make the build but would be happy to chuck some bux into the kitty. Who has the kitty purse strings and WTF is snap scan. Just gimme an account no.

Snapscan is effectively a mobile based card payment service. You download the app, it takes a photo of the front and back of your card, and saves it to their secure servers (same code as the bank's secure servers, just.. more secure)

when you have a guy with a snapscan QR code, YOU open up the snapscan app on your phone, tell it to scan the QR code (unique to each vendor) and then YOU tell it how much to transfer / pay the vendor.

No cards, no swiping, and you control the transaction. So it's basically a phone-based merchant tool, but YOU act as the payment originator

Guest Omega Man

Explain please - I can't make the build but would be happy to chuck some bux into the kitty. Who has the kitty purse strings and WTF is snap scan. Just gimme an account no.

Hey boss. Tokai MTB has the purse strings. I'm the secretary/finance guy so it's my responsibility to oversee the spend. No money donated will be paid to any committee members. It is a labor of love. The money donated will be used EXCLUSIVELY for trail maintenance in the from of paid labor, materials or fuel for the white Nissan bakkie that is used to cart material around. Obviously there are some unavoidable banking costs. Unfortunately none of the money you pay to ride Tokai makes it's way to us to be put into trail so we're forced to ask you kind folk for money.

We have 3 payment avenues at present. Please see our website.

• Direct EFT
  • Credit Card payment via Payfast's secure gateway (Dialed Bikes use Payfast too)
  • Snapscan

What Myles said about snapscan. It's a revolution in money and will make credit card machines obsolete in the very near future.

Guest Omega Man

We use SnapScan here at our shop. It's great! Quick, easy and secure.

My only regret in life is that I wasn't the dude who came up with the idea. Whoever did that will soon buy a small island in the pacific. Like Hawaii. Hahaha.

Edited by Omega Man

My only regret in life is that I wasn't the dude who came up with the idea. Whoever did that will soon buy a small island in the pacific. Like Hawaii. Hahaha.

I know one of the guys involved. It's gaining HUGE traction.

Guest Omega Man

We've moved into their old offices in Woodstock. They've moved out cos they've just hired 20 new people. Whoever is involved is going to be a brazillionaire.

Tell him to buy Morzine for Omega Man :D That'll make him happy.

Guest Omega Man

Tell him to buy Morzine for Omega Man :D That'll make him happy.

Now we're talking.

We've moved into their old offices in Woodstock. They've moved out cos they've just hired 20 new people. Whoever is involved is going to be a brazillionaire.

Yeah - they have backlog of ONE MONTH for vendor applications. That's why they've just hired 20 more ppl.