Rand Water Race for Victory

bmw1za

I'm in FL but I've got a PPA index of 28. I'm pretty sure that's not right. It's my buddy's first ever event and he's starting ahead of me?!!! Does any know how to query a seeding for this event?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets hope we get a solid group of guys and can work together through the wind... Its the only way to survive it. I think a solo effort in the wind predicted wont cut it.

I must agree with you Jay...last year was a killer for me...the last 60km's there were ZERO groups to speak of...most of the riders were either to slow for the passing groups from behind, or too fast to try and "pick up" 3 or 4 guys to help with the front...I had to "scrape" any little bit of Energy I had left just to finish the last 10 to 15 km's  :cursing:  my worst race ever...just hope to shake the R4V monkey OFF my back this coming Sunday  :thumbup:  let's see what happens...

I'm in FL but I've got a PPA index of 28. I'm pretty sure that's not right. It's my buddy's first ever event and he's starting ahead of me?!!! Does any know how to query a seeding for this event?

Maybe contact Daleen??

Daleen Mentz

Race Director

daleen.mentz@yahoo.com

My index is 29 and I am in FL

I'll give her a bell but I'm sure she has a lot more to worry about than my seeding

I gave her a call yesterday and she was very helpful...maybe she can direct you to the correct person (if it's not her)...or maybe ask what can be done when you collect your race number?

Who's that? Certainly not me - I have other objectives in mind

Other objectives ???

You planning on catching the Elites ?

Querry it with Racetec at the number collections , Had reseeding done like that before

I gave her a call yesterday and she was very helpful...maybe she can direct you to the correct person (if it's not her)...or maybe ask what can be done when you collect your race number?

So I spoke to Daleen, who directed me to Jill, who is going to give me a list of the events they used for seeding. It sounds like they use only a few specific events for your seeding so if you haven't done the ones they use you don't get seeded. A,B,C and D are full so I can't be moved up to them. Sounds like EL is the highest starting group I can get in to which is the un-seeded group. Not happy

Querry it with Racetec at the number collections , Had reseeding done like that before

Unfortunately the seeding is done by the race organisers and not racetec

And are you happy with starting in an un-seeded group?

Will ride with a few mates and see how it goes, based on the system there should be a few stronger guys around in the lower groups

How difficult is it for them to get it right first time.

According to PPA I have a 25.22 seeding index and they only took into account my Fast One and Argus Race

According to Racetec I have a 127.85 seeding index but they only have a mtb race on the list. So what happened to my 94.7 (2h50), fast one (2h37), R4S (3h06) and Argus (3h18) results that show on their system but dont get used for seeding!

Definitely going to query this.

Archived