Rand Water Race for Victory

bmw1za

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got as PPA seeding of 23.92 and I'm in GL, as said above, due to the randomness of the seeding (seems that it was filled up from BL backwards as the entries came in) there will be stronger guys in all batches so I'm sure there will be a lot of smaller bunches moving through the field.

my seeding is correct

But my wife has an index of 58 according to pedalpower and she got BL

My father in law whom I entered at the exact same time, got CL and his index is 50

How do you explain that?

My brother got a B seeding, but cant race.

PM me with your contact number.

Anybody got a race no available pls? Ary is at Cycle Lab.. At Late entry, they say no space in A to E.. seeding from F only (He is A Bunch Indexed).

They will Seed him A or B on substitution Only

Quick bmw1za...before anybody else grabs it  :thumbup:  :clap:

The problem is that this is probably the last race that will be used for the 94.7 seeding.

Now the seeding is a stuffup and we will have very strong guys at lower batches trying to still get a good time.

The way these seeding people work I wonder if this race will be considered as a seeding race.

I was looking forward to this race but now not so much.

It's just going to be another hard day working my g@t af at the front trying to get a decent time.

While I don't agree (nor understand) how they determined the batch placings, I'm not complaining with my start group - haven't raced cycled in a race since Feb, and only started regular riding again from the end of June. This gives me the opportunity to get some quality training, at race-pace, under the belt - building for 2015 - gosh, I sound like Froomey

It's going to be horrible watching F guys flying past A riders . Hands over eyes

Challenge accepted..

There are still strong guys in a though

I went to registration this morning at Fourways and the ladies there were very helpful. Once I showed them evidence of my past results they moved me up to A. Apparently there was an issue retrieving my details through Racetec as I am registered under a passport number rather than an ID number. It didn't look like they had many spare seeded group numbers though so I would imagine they have run out of them at this stage.

I just hope I don't sleep in on Sunday morning now :whistling:

Challenge accepted..

There are still strong guys in a though

and some very not so strong guys.... aka ME lol 

AL. Big pity that they randomized the seeding again. Second year in a row. Scrambling the seeding takes away from the enjoyment, and damages the brand, by making the event more dangerous and it harder to race in bunches.

Anyone know if we can pick up race numbers on Sunday?

Archived