[Event] The Joburg Urban MTB Adventure (JUMA)

HollardJUMA

4,500 riders. Is that for both the 52km and the 22km? Any idea how many on the 52km? Looks like a fun course, just worried that it'll bottleneck easily (like 94.7 MTB)... 

I am seeing traffic jams at emmarentia and bottlenecks with 3000 riders on single tract in my crystal ball .I hope I am wrong !.Sitting this one out and will wait for report

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am from Rustenburg, where can I get the GPS Coordinates for the Marks Park Sport Club?

Address is cnr of Judith and Orange Road, Emmarentia. Gps should find that

Hi Impi,

The easiest is to pop Marks park Emmerentia into Google Maps, that's where I got it.

Unfortunately I don't have it on hand as I am typing this from my phone right now.

Dont understand these guys getting negative about ''bottle necks'' and hold ups.

If you that much of a racer that a bottle neck would affect you, you would be in batch A where there is no such things.

For the other guys that aren't fast enough but still have a huge issue with waiting a few minutes then its better that you just don't enter, more space for us guys that are doing the event to have a bit of fun.

Seriously, stop the whining and just ride your bike.

RANT OVER!

On the happier side of things I just got my SMS and im super excited:)

any1 else starting in batch E?

Is there any parking on the emmerentia side? Marks park is a bit small forthat many cars

People will probably try park all over the road. They'll also most likely open up some of the fields. Organisers really are trying to make this as smooth as possible.

That said - a few of us that are riding might keep the "getting dropped off" option in our pockets.

Also, wild idea. Team up and get UberVAN there and back :)

--Andy

Got a 52 km entry for sale if anyone is interested. I will take R300 for it. Not sure what the substitution costs are but that's for buyers account. Start time 7:15am.

Got a 52 km entry for sale if anyone is interested. I will take R300 for it. Not sure what the substitution costs are but that's for buyers account. Start time 7:15am.

I'll call dibs for my colleague

Dont understand these guys getting negative about ''bottle necks'' and hold ups.

If you that much of a racer that a bottle neck would affect you, you would be in batch A where there is no such things.

For the other guys that aren't fast enough but still have a huge issue with waiting a few minutes then its better that you just don't enter, more space for us guys that are doing the event to have a bit of fun.

Seriously, stop the whining and just ride your bike.

RANT OVER!

On the happier side of things I just got my SMS and im super excited:)

any1 else starting in batch E?

Yip , also in E

Conversations around the #HollardJUMA have spit into about 3 forum topics, so just posting a quick note in each one :)

Thought you'd all like to know about a little free CycleSure offer for everyone riding the JUMA. You'll need to register, details in the News forum. Hope you enjoy!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/143954-free-r10k-cyclesure-coverage-for-hollardjuma-riders-registration-required/

--Andy

Archived