2015 Giant Reign 2 availability?

Brawler

I have heard the XT crank is not as strong and stiff as the SLX / Deore hence looking at the Saint.

I know Deore decent but I want to upgrade it... it just doesnt feel(in my mind) right on the Reign.

My Zee cranks are almost identical to deore cranks :whistling:

I personally would leave the cranks (for now) and spend the money on something else.

Like these wheels (Spank spike hoops on Hope pro2 evo hubs) I had built for a bike I wont bike building anymore :whistling:

post-31228-0-43203700-1424249516_thumb.jpg

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bike is in at the moment getting XT makeover and 1x10 with Hope NW and Extender :D

Can anyone explain to me how the rear shock measurements work and what the Reign needs?

Thanks

Bike is in at the moment getting XT makeover and 1x10 with Hope NW and Extender :D

Can anyone explain to me how the rear shock measurements work and what the Reign needs?

Thanks

200x57 afaik. The 200 is the overall shock length (eye to eye) and then 57 is the stroke in mm.

Thanks

going to be a little bit jealous...guess I need to start saving. Sure its going to be super sweet once it's all done.

going to be a little bit jealous...guess I need to start saving. Sure its going to be super sweet once it's all done.

Me too :blush:

Don't forget to post pictures, if you have it back.

Bike shop is doesn't have XT RD in stock so will leave that at SLX for now.

Was actually going to keep the Deore stuff and get NW but bike shop was so convincing... Even traded in some of my stock parts which are now 4 or 5 months old which helped keep the price down. 

Will post pictures when she returns 

I tore my SLX rear derailleur off the bike and replaced it with an XT one. I couldn't tell any difference.

My advice - don't change it until you really need to.

On a slightly different note...

I am having issues with my front brake.

It has been bled, and I have cooked the pads on the stove to get rid of contamination, but they still don't want to stop the bike.

Has anyone changed pads out there? And what sort of success have you had?

My brakes were decent enough before I replaced them. Noticed that when they get very hot I need to pull harder (with the lever just about touching the grip).

Why would you get a trance. Just think. One day you going to be riding the trails and then someone is going to pull up next to you with a sick looking reign and you gonna feel embarrassed!

Its like driving a porch boxer or a 911

On a slightly different note...

I am having issues with my front brake.

It has been bled, and I have cooked the pads on the stove to get rid of contamination, but they still don't want to stop the bike.

Has anyone changed pads out there? And what sort of success have you had?

I have learnt this lesson to many times. If your pads are not working right but still have lots of life its coz the rotor AND pads are contaminated. You always have to change both. Or at least use some rough sandpaper on the rotors and then put new pads.

I have learnt this lesson to many times. If your pads are not working right but still have lots of life its coz the rotor AND pads are contaminated. You always have to change both. Or at least use some rough sandpaper on the rotors and then put new pads.

Remove rotors to save your paintwork and clean with acetone....twice...using a clean cloth each time. Rinse with clean water and dry.

Fit new pads. Boiling burning etc does not work as well as new pads.

Archived