Safe areas for ladies to cycle

ycowley

So, thanks to the idiots bike jacking, etc. where is it safe for ladies to cycle on their own (during the week at about 8h00) in the Centurion area?

I know of: -

Red Barn

Groenkloof

Anywhere else?

I will not really go alone to REd Barn  :eek: . Groenkloof is about the only option I think , don't know how secure the new bike park Wolve-something is ?

I cycle Klapperkop, R21, Botha and Nellmalpius but apparently I have been very lucky not to have been ambushed or worse.

Why would you ladies want to cycle alone?

Surely there are enough of you wanting to ride at that time of the day to start up a cycling group?

If one does not exist yet, then start it. Safety in numbers.

No cycle ride is worth the consequences on you being out there on your own and real stuff going down!

Good question, but I would like to know where it would be safe to go cycle in Cape Town… alone.

Tygerberg trails (except Majik Forest) are safe. Don't know of a single incident there in the 4 years I have been riding.

Indoors on rollers or a indoor trainer.... Seriously, alone is just not worth it. Woman have too much to lose....

Join club rides or start your own group on whatsapp. You will be surprised to see how quickly the group will grow.

The 3 or 4 times I've been to Majik Forest, there were always :ph34r: looking people sitting and walking there.

that's why I excluded Majik Forest. I wouldn't ride there alone as a man.

that's why I excluded Majik Forest. I wouldn't ride there alone as a man.

The part behind the forest is fine, it's what is lurking in the forest that's the problem.

If you don't mind a bit of travelling then Modderfontein is fantastic, security is always on duty and they are open 7 days a week.

I will not really go alone to REd Barn  :eek: . Groenkloof is about the only option I think , don't know how secure the new bike park Wolve-something is ?

i have to second this. And I went on a weekend - even though we were in a group of 3 ladies, in certain sections I did not feel secure at all - there's one section heading back to the barn where you travel along a spruit section and along the main road - it's not enclosed at all - and that day there was a guy digging through the garbage along the spruit.

Move to KZN - especially PMB aka cycle city.  lots of places to rides and plenty of ladies groups riding every day

Archived