Help Needed - Cannondale Frame SS Build

Dorpie

Is there anyone that has built up a Cannondale frame using a standard Fork?

I have stripped an old Flash Frame and want to build an SS but I see that the Head tube is rather larger that a standard Fork steerer. What do you use to convent this to fit a Straight steerer fork?

If there is anyone that can help please let me know.

Thanks

D

im going through a somewhat similar process. Any 1.5" to 1 1/8'' reducer headset works on the alloy cannondale frames with pressed headsets. cannondale also makes 'official' reducer headests for cannondale frames with the oversized head tubes, but going by what i have been quoted by local shops for original Cdale parts....no thanks.

Depending on your frame (mine was a 1.5' straight with the SI cups) i got me one of these (link) to convert a 1.5 headtube cannondale frame to standard straight 1 1/8  steerer. you can also get a standard lower 1.5'' one and a 1 1/8 top one f you want to run anything stock/tapered. cannondale's 1.5 isnt really 1.5 though, but that has more of an effect on bearing size than anying else. most standard 1.5" headset reducers should press into a Cdale frame just fine if the inner diameter of the head tube is 49.61mm, whitch mine is...

i got annoyed about having to always get non standard crap at a premium so im changing to the 1 1/8' standard....even for my lefty im putting on there now...that way i can use it on other bikes later too if i wanted.

http://www.buycycle.co.za/en/components/mtb-en/headsets-en/cane-creek-en-2-3/cane-creek-40-series-zerostack-1-1-8-headset-zs49-28.630-short.html

Edited by morneS555