Titan Calypso Sport or Trail

Newbie76

Hi all.

I am looking at buying my wife a 650B instead of a 29er as she is only 1.63m tall.

everywhere I have read has said that the 650B is best for her height.

I have been looking at the Titan Calypso Sport or the Calypso Trail as she really likes the look of the bikes.

I know this is entry level MTB but she is purely a week-end rider & a novice (she'll kill me saying that)

Being a Newbie to the mtb scene I want to ask all you more experienced riders your opinions on these bikes & which is best... There aren't many small size frame bikes in the classifieds (Here, OLX & Gumtree).

You opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

None, the titans are extremely heavy bikes. for a lady that makes a huuuge difference. Look for a 2nd hand 26er mens bike, in her size, with descent spec, get a ladies specific saddle and bike setup, and there you go. Dont put her off the sport with a big heavy bike.

None, the titans are extremely heavy bikes. for a lady that makes a huuuge difference. Look for a 2nd hand 26er mens bike, in her size, with descent spec, get a ladies specific saddle and bike setup, and there you go. Dont put her off the sport with a big heavy bike.

See there is my first 2 problems already...she doesn't want a 26er & she likes the look of the Titans.

Unless I buy her summin else & just have Titan decals made in pink or turquoise LOL.

But thanks for your input - much appreciated...

I don't know specs and stuff, but my friend likes her Titan and she's taken it through the paces, she's even doing the 52km JUMA this weekend on it, and she's teeny, the weight of the bike doesn't seem to bother her too much.

If you wife is just a weekend warrior, let her pick what she likes the look of, but also for her to try get the feel of the bike. Enjoy riding together :)

Archived