Afrikaans

Gnarly

Just a quick question..? If a thread is started in English or Afrikaans, should you not keep it that way? 

Now it's not that I've got anything against Afrikaans but I just don't don't understand it. I read some post then half way trough, bang!!!I was reading with interest but now don't know what anyone is saying.  

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest colonel

Here, here, I would change your post to NO AFRIKAANS--its a dieing language.

Some funny guy will post in that dieing language here soon.

Here' date=' here, I would change your post to NO AFRIKAANS--its a dieing language.

Some funny guy will post in that dieing language here soon.
[/quote']

here, here ... nogal Wink

gets difficult sometimes when the enviroment that you are in is afrikaans and you are english you tend to mix the language .

sometimes it is better expressed in afrikaans than english. please forgive us just tell the person you dont understand and to post it in english.EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

i am guilty of language swopping sorry

oh my goodness.  You opened Pandora's box.  What made you do it?

And I bet if you ask there is a boertjie online that would be glad to translate from afrikaans to engish.

Hagar, agreed Afrikaans is very expressive.... well the words I know. Like (spelling) Voetsak!!!!!!! Jou ma se.... and that box word but thats it really for me. I just don't understand the rest.

Oh and (spelling) Brandewyn and coke please.

Guest colonel

Ya the Brandewyn and coke you know well.........

As from the previous 10 times this were discussed it is obvious that the majority of the hubbers are afrikaans. fortuanately we are also bilingual. so if there are any posts you dont understand please put up your hand and we will gladly translate. thanks

LOLLOLcan be very expressive sometimes i remember my dad was afrikaans i went to a english school and just knew when there was *** when dad started speaking afrikaans to me theni was in for a good hiding and had to get my butt into gear LOLLOL

ag man i miss my dad so much its been 22 years since he has been gone but still got my mom what a previlage to have her still at 81 years old Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

oh my goodness.  You opened Pandora's box.  What made you do it?

And I bet if you ask there is a boertjie online that would be glad to translate from afrikaans to engish.

I have seen that but when there is a thread I'm interested in that is 7 

pagers long.... then I go out training LOL and I come back it's now 14 pages with the last 5 pages in Afrikaans. I just don't understant the rest.

Who's goning to translate all those?

I have seen that but when there is a thread I'm interested in that is 7 pagers long.... then I go out training LOL and I come back it's now 14 pages with the last 5 pages in Afrikaans. I just don't understant the rest.

Who's goning to translate all those?

Umm...  I will be out training....  No only joking.  There aught to be some bloke out there.

Afrikaaners are helpfull people.  Not like most other people out there...