December 24 Hour at Van Gaalens

Pants Boy

The organizer has thought it wise to move the race to Modderfontein.

I am a little (read VERY) disappointed about the move, as Van Gaalen suited my riding style very well. The loop at Van Gaalen gave guys with a pinch of skill and a bag of flow the chance to pull out from the iron grip of the stronger dirt roadies. Where I'm of the opinion that a loop around Modderfontein will give dirt roadies a distinct advantage.

But at the end of the day I have family commitments and a Foo Fighters concert to attend the first 2 weekend of December. So it doesn't look like I'll be doing a year end 24hr this year anyway.

Interesting that the event is now moving to Modderfontein.

If the organisers paid their bills, they wouldn't keep looking for new venues every other year !!

Modderfontein vs VG - certainly lacks a bit of romance - maybe being pursued down single track by panga wielding hijackers should be a new activity for us....

They posted something on Facebook last week, but it's been quiet since then. Does anybody know what's going on with this event. It's just over a month to go and nothing's happening......

Archived