Trans Baviaans 2015

hboli4

Yoh, it is really cold here today with an extreme windchill...not so keen on a ride tomorrow..

Ek hoor jou! Going to ride Van Gaalens 75km this weekend on my Rigid Single Speed. I still think it's a bad idea, but what the hell

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you go for or don't you want to give it away.

Hehe, I hear you. Last year was the worse I did although I think they graded a lot of it just before I did my first one in 2010. Going for my 6th.

I'd have to go and look it up. I can't remember offhand it's so odd.

Gonna be my First attempt. Done 3 Transkaroos already. I hear that it is a better ride and that the Water points are awesome. Here we come. The Daisies 3 team (n Daisy en 3 Dorings) :w00t:  :whistling:  :eek:  :clap:

Karoo het lekker gereen die week! Kon niks oefen, sal maar insit komende week. Praat van span name, ons die Karoo Ratels hehe..

Aaron sweetie darling thats a road road...132km is hardly the same and yes tiekkiedraai is a bitch but the ride into town and back is pretty easy. doing a 100km to the vaal dam tmrw off road and im the second for my boyfs trans baviaans team.

Did another biggish one this Saturday. 125km from Durbanville to the top of Bainkloof pass and back.

• 2 weeks later...

Jut a question... since I might have missed it earlier in the tread... are there any alternatives of getting our car in Jeffreys other than the option on the site?

R650 seems a tad excessive in my opinion for somebody to drive your car for 2.5 hours, without filling it up and you still carrying the insurance cost.... just my view.

This is my first one so if any veterans have other options please share.

Gonna be my First attempt. Done 3 Transkaroos already. I hear that it is a better ride and that the Water points are awesome. Here we come. The Daisies 3 team (n Daisy en 3 Dorings) :w00t:  :whistling:  :eek:  :clap:

Awesome might be pushing it, especially if you are towards the back.  Like I've heard of jaffles, but I haven't SEEN any.

I have entered for thr 2nd Baviaans race on the 22nd of Aug but I've hurt my back, will I be able to cancel and get my entry money back? Still have to e-mail the race organizers to find out.

I have entered for thr 2nd Baviaans race on the 22nd of Aug but I've hurt my back, will I be able to cancel and get my entry money back? Still have to e-mail the race organizers to find out.

Up to 14 June you would have been entitled to a 100% refund. If you email now up to 14 July you will get a 50% refund. Although it seems this only applies to the full team entry, not a reduction in numbers.

Hope you are back on your bike soon.

Ai jai jai, I've been training really hard for this race. Hopefully I'll still be able to do this. I am going to see a dr on the 27th so hopefully she can do some magic and help me to get back on the bike quickly.

Ai jai jai, I've been training really hard for this race. Hopefully I'll still be able to do this. I am going to see a dr on the 27th so hopefully she can do some magic and help me to get back on the bike quickly.

Ons h

oop vir die beste BSG!

Jut a question... since I might have missed it earlier in the tread... are there any alternatives of getting our car in Jeffreys other than the option on the site?

R650 seems a tad excessive in my opinion for somebody to drive your car for 2.5 hours, without filling it up and you still carrying the insurance cost.... just my view.

Damn I did not know of that option. Gonna take it. If you compare it to the cost of bringing along a driver and paying for foo and accommodation it is cheap.

If you need someone to take your car back, don't you make use of any backup on the checkpoints?

Aaron sweetie darling thats a road road...132km is hardly the same and yes tiekkiedraai is a bitch but the ride into town and back is pretty easy. doing a 100km to the vaal dam tmrw off road and im the second for my boyfs trans baviaans team.

I hear you BUT, there's not much dirt here in the WC that can telly up 130-180km. We're using MTBs on road to get some distance in the legs and TITS. It's better than nothing...

Archived