Trans Baviaans 2015

hboli4

Me and 2 partners did 71km, incl plantation roads, 2 of us were totally poegaai. Luckily there were only 160km of total distance left [emoji26] [emoji33] [emoji30]

Respect 71. I pulled the plug on 40km. So only 200 left[emoji22] [emoji22]

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to worry. I only started training last week. And did not ride this past weekend. Seriously need to get my ass in gear

Respect 71. I pulled the plug on 40km. So only 200 left[emoji22] [emoji22]

It's only 230km, so you only had 190km left[emoji33] [emoji6]

Let the training begin!!!

Im looking for a 16week program which should allow us to peak at the Baviaans. We're currently averaging 45km Tuesday-Thursday with the odd Friday included. Tuesday hills, wednesday "recovery"(NEVER FEELS THAT WAY), Thursday Tempo. weekends is very much work dependent but we can do 1 long ride( 4hrs) either Saturday or Sunday.

Looking at between 9 and 13 hrs per week

O yes, target is a sub 11 :ph34r: :eek: :whistling: :ph34r: :thumbdown: :whistling: :oops:

Doen ook my eerste Baviaans, my maat het al eenkeer gedoen. Vadag n 90 met 800m klim gedoen, met baie wind, maar ek se julle daar lê nog baaaie werk!!! Hoeveel ure per week oefen julle vir dir Baviaans?

• 2 weeks later...

Will they open this to solo riders someday? I would love to do it but my rule is I ride solo. Seems like a pretty easy ride compared to the four Transkaroos I have done.

Will they open this to solo riders someday? I would love to do it but my rule is I ride solo. Seems like a pretty easy ride compared to the four Transkaroos I have done.

ooh you big man - you could always change your rule.

Far too cocky for a person that's never done it. And quite arrogant.

You're missing out on a great ride because of a silly rule. But, judging by your post, perhaps we wouldn't want you there anyway.

Perhaps you have no friends?

Unlike Transkaroo, there is real danger around and hence the need for a buddy should something go wrong.

And like everything, it's as easy or as difficult as you make it. If it's too easy, you're riding too slowly.

(Can't believe I wasted 5 minutes of my life replying to your silly little post!)

http://i.giphy.com/YC6ZedMDgR1Fm.gif

Far too cocky for a person that's never done it. And quite arrogant.

You're missing out on a great ride because of a silly rule. But, judging by your post, perhaps we wouldn't want you there anyway.

Perhaps you have no friends?

Unlike Transkaroo, there is real danger around and hence the need for a buddy should something go wrong.

And like everything, it's as easy or as difficult as you make it. If it's too easy, you're riding too slowly.

(Can't believe I wasted 5 minutes of my life replying to your silly little post!)

http://i.giphy.com/YC6ZedMDgR1Fm.gif

Hehehe, slow day at the office? :clap:

eina eina

I know it is a great ride, hence the reason I would appreciate if solo riders can also take part. What I meant with seems easier is the total ascent which is 500m less, however having not done the ride myself that is all I can go on.

Eish, no need to get personal...  :whistling:

Did my first long ride yesterday. 4:37 in the saddle and 87km done.

My training is way behind and need to start getting my ass in gear :eek:

For the TB newbies like me - what is "the real danger around" that's not at the TK?  :eek:

For the TB newbies like me - what is "the real danger around" that's not at the TK?  :eek:

There are Mountain Leopards.... :ph34r:

Archived