Cape cycle tour - can it get worse??

W1Z@RD

Hmmm, how about the hub have a similar race in cape town

......and all members of the hub will obtain an exclusive opportunity to enter before the entries are open to the general public.   

How about the same route, but just anti clockwise?  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your not allowed to start without a chip. They check at the start and make you buy one if you haven't got one.

In theory yes. But factually no.

What a fork-up

And little, if any, accountability

Sorry to hear of some enthusiasts' disappointments

Uncool, CTCT

And here I thought the cost of entry is prohibitive. This email was sent on the 30/8/2014 to the cycle tour organizers.

Hi,

This is just a complaint about the high cost of entry. Is this event becoming elitist? At which point are you going to stop? R700 perhaps. There is a ceiling for everything when  people will say “no more” and that will be the end of the cycle tour!

Regards

And this was their response

Hi John Doe (name removed to protect identity),

Thank you for your email.

For the event to run smoothly and keep up its world class status, the entry fee has been structured around maintaining this and covering expenses. All of the events proceeds go to charity.

Perhaps it is a good idea to make the Cycle Tour an event to raise funds for your entry as well as a cause that you can support and give back to the community.

Kind regards

Archived