Dent repair steel down tube

Eppie

I am hoping to get my Peugeot Rapport up and running. I bought it with a dent on the down tube. The dent has not compromised the frame but I would like to fix it from an aesthetics point of view. I have done some research online and see some guys use turning blocks but these are hard to come by. Any advice.post-51655-0-35221000-1414270937_thumb.jpgpost-51655-0-14063200-1414270988_thumb.jpg

You can take it to a Auto body shop, they might be able to help. I know a guy that used body filler (same that they use on cars) to fill it up, sanded it down and repainted. Looks like new

Don't putty fill it up there are other ways, I'll get fire engine to post the pics of a frame he fixed, no putty

I was going to put a thread together with some before and after pics and might still do that but have been a bit busy to Finnish the project .

Here is what I did with some brazing.

post-41382-0-85996900-1414323725_thumb.jpg

post-41382-0-46214500-1414323743_thumb.jpg

I was going to put a thread together with some before and after pics and might still do that but have been a bit busy to Finnish the project .

Here is what I did with some brazing.

Thanks Fire Engine I will see if I can find someone in Cape Town that can help me with the brazing.

You need a good bodyshop guy - they spot weld pins to the dent and pull it out with a slide hammer.

No idea who in CT though...

Archived