[Event] 31 Jan -Ashburton Investments NATIONAL MTB SERIES #1 Meerendal

WesselvdWalt

So apparently some of the Ultra guys took a short cut somewhere along the way not intentional of course, can anyone confirm their Ultra distances? Garmin says i got 100km & Strava says 102km but I followed all arrows for the Ultra.I was an hour late for this race so virtually rode on my own the entire route except where i was overtaking some of the Ultra back markers.

Advertised distance was 105km but with Kliprug out i was expecting 95km only.

I got 101km with 2900m climbing

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pros had a lead bike to follow... Hence Albans km being 106km...

What happened was:

On the second loop a bunch of horses got spooked (running into the fences) by the chopper on the second loop before Bloemendal and the land owner freaked out and actually diverted the riders (by moving the bunting and arrow boards) and cutting out +-5km.

This is unfortunately out of our control but it happened & we were unaware of this until the finish.

This happened at position 21 in the ULTRA.

So you guys were all spared an extra 5km! - I should ask for a partial refund lol!

I like that landowner!!!

I spoke to SA Seeding, they confrim a few, like 25 riders results have no been captured or something, the scanner has a blimp or something

The Pros had a lead bike to follow... Hence Albans km being 106km...

What happened was:

On the second loop a bunch of horses got spooked (running into the fences) by the chopper on the second loop before Bloemendal and the land owner freaked out and actually diverted the riders (by moving the bunting and arrow boards) and cutting out +-5km.

This is unfortunately out of our control but it happened & we were unaware of this until the finish.

This happened at position 21 in the ULTRA.

So you guys were all spared an extra 5km! - I should ask for a partial refund lol!

ah you have no idea how much better that makes me feel, thanks for the clarification. Yeah I saw the horse owner calming his horses down when I passed them.

so, did you enjoy the apple-juice stands?   :P

by the time we came past there was NOTHING left at most of the stands......But it was dark already so who can blame them for leaving.

by the time we came past there was NOTHING left at most of the stands......But it was dark already so who can blame them for leaving.

I never enter any race longer than 50km without charging my lights. 

Rookie mistake dude.

I understand your little sister, who only really started cycling about a year and a bit ago was waiting for you during the ride ...... ... :P

Is that what she told you? mmmmmmmmm

Has anyone else discovered that there times are not published/Missing,maybe the chip was not detected, are the results finalised yet?

yes..me i emailed them (with Strava file)  and its now fixed and up :)

There is a rumor going around that you cried for your mummy :whistling:  :oops: little sista whipped your dirt roadie behind :D  :D  :D

Little sis always whips my ass on the bike, she should train harder could be a top 10 contender,  as for mommy I have always been a mommy's boy, she always makes things better and I was HUNGRY.  Water points are always stocked with breakfast, lunch and supper (well in the rest of the country, not so much in Cape Town)

and you know Father Christmas is also not real ?

I never enter any race longer than 50km without charging my lights. 

Rookie mistake dude.

Little sis always whips my ass on the bike, she should train harder could be a top 10 contender,  as for mommy I have always been a mommy's boy, she always makes things better and I was HUNGRY.  Water points are always stocked with breakfast, lunch and supper (well in the rest of the country, not so much in Cape Town)

me thinks hunger is the second name in the family :drool:

Archived