[Event] 31 Jan -Ashburton Investments NATIONAL MTB SERIES #1 Meerendal

WesselvdWalt

I rode a fair amount of Meerendal, Hillcrest and Contermans on the weekend and I think we're in for some pain :-)

Bring it!

Being from Johannesburg, I assume that you are not a member of Tygerberg MTB Club. If so, you should not have been on Hillcrest. That is clearly marked as a members only trail.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being from Johannesburg, I assume that you are not a member of Tygerberg MTB Club. If so, you should not have been on Hillcrest. That is clearly marked as a members only trail.

Pipe down, Eldron has been a member since 2014. 

That is dedication to one's craft. I bet not one of us Capie's is a member of this Spruit thing we all read about! :)

That is dedication to one's craft. I bet not one of us Capie's is a member of this Spruit thing we all read about! :)

Surely all of us can afford the membership for El Spruito, but none of us qualify. 

Surely all of us can afford the membership for El Spruito, but none of us qualify. 

Spruit membership is by invatation only, but you are in luck, YOU ARE INVITED!!  Weekly spruit rides will flatten those pesky little hills you guys have

Spruit membership is by invatation only, but you are in luck, YOU ARE INVITED!!  Weekly spruit rides will flatten those pesky little hills you guys have

Doubt my bicycle will survive one spruit dash...sorry I am out.

Doubt my bicycle will survive one spruit dash...sorry I am out.

The toxic chemicals are not that bad, besides we have pesky runners and walkers on the trail, it will feel just like Table Mountain

Arrrgh - why you gotta spoil my fun - I was gonna string "gerroff my trails - they're members only" for at least 7 pages.

Gotta love ASSumers.

moving on to a more serious question,  WILL THERE BE BEER AT THE FINISH?

I have already prepped my missus. She will be at the finish with a funnel and beer so she can pour the amber nectar into my horizontal body :clap:

moving on to a more serious question,  WILL THERE BE BEER AT THE FINISH?

Did you not see that the broom-wagon and the ambulance at the end are stocked and ready to go?

Very dissapointed that I somehow missed this on the callender and seems I will not be able to take part. This would have been the perfect build up to the Tankwa trek in 3 weeks.

No late entries I suppose?

Very dissapointed that I somehow missed this on the callender and seems I will not be able to take part. This would have been the perfect build up to the Tankwa trek in 3 weeks.

No late entries I suppose?

saw on facebook, late entries on friday and saturday befor the race

Found it!!

Entries close the Tuesday morning before each event at 06:00. These entries will be at the normal fee, as above.

Normal fees

Fun Ride - R80

Fun Race - R120

Half Marathon - R200

Marathon - R250

Ultra - R300

Late fees

Fun Ride - R100

Fun Race - R150

Half Marathon - R250

Marathon - R300

Ultra - R350

Now to decide which distance im doing.. 105km is a long time to be on a bike..

even the 75km will be 4hours..

Might check the weather report before I decide.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but am i correct in understanding that the Ultra will be going up Dorsberg (Meerendal) like the Epic prologue guys did last year - i.e. via the single track and not via the normal jeep track route up?

Yeah late entries for sure. I am doing the ultra. Also a training ride for Tankwa. Need to get up to speed and ready to enjoy Ceres for 3 days. This should be a good test. I will be on a black Bulls bike.

Also doing Tankwa but after been in the pain cave for a loooooong 7:30 at ATTA decided on doing the 70km not in the mood for another long day (& the wife wont be to happy if im gone the whole day again:)

Archived