[Event] 2015 Ashburton Investments NATIONAL MTB SERIES #7 Dullstroom

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it you on the fatbike? 

I was the fattie on the bike............

......but there was a few that did the 40 on fatbikes.

PS: Rider weight fully kitted = 112kg..................iow.........hills are killers

Had a great weekend at Dullies; Ultra on Saturday and Half on Sunday. It wasn't the most technical National MTB event out there, but still fun to bomb it on the district roads and feel like a roadie for a while! By the way, what was everyone's Max Speed on that cement descent after the KOM waterpoint? I clocked 69,8kph - felt like a hundred! 

Despite the mist and cold, the underwheel conditions were sooooo much better that last year, so can't complain about that! The waterpoints were good, and manned by super friendly folks. Advendurance did a GREAT job once again, as always.

My only "moan" is about that brutal little climb after the start that I had to do 5 times over the two days... Ouch! Good training for SaniDragon next weekend I suppose!

Edited by Stumpjumper73

Had a great weekend at Dullies; Ultra on Saturday and Half on Sunday. It wasn't the most technical National MTB event out there, but still fun to bomb it on the district roads and feel like a roadie for a while! By the way, what was everyone's Max Speed on that cement descent after the KOM waterpoint? I clocked 69,8kph - felt like a hundred! 

Despite the mist and cold, the underwheel conditions were sooooo much better that last year, so can't complain about that! The waterpoints were good, and manned by super friendly folks. Advendurance did a GREAT job once again, as always.

My only "moan" is about that brutal little climb after the start that I had to do 5 times over the two days... Ouch! Good training for SaniDragon next weekend I suppose!

Approximate 116m drop in elevation over 5.5km.........SPHHHIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEED  :clap:

post-41755-0-76775600-1442314155_thumb.jpg

Approximate 116m drop in elevation over 5.5km.........SPHHHIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEED  :clap:

attachicon.gifDullstroom Cement Path.jpg

I popped on the climb before that descent last year. Everyone was hammering it down the climb with big smiles and I was freeing down and dying simultaneously. I hated life so much. So hopefully next year I can go back and take revenge on the course :D

Naah agreed with what has been said above about lack of single track. Once again on the drive home my boyf bemoaned that the Capies dont travel for races and I thought about it, and I wont come back to Dullstroom next year.. went to Barberton this weekend for the Barberton XCM route launch, and it was killer! Gorgeous ride and lots of fun. River crossings too many to count. Jan 30 - diarise!