Creaking/clicking fork crown

DirtyDan

Hi there

I have a RockShox Revelation 140mm on my Pyga, but the crown has this incessant clicking noise. Obviously the more bumpy, the louder and more frequent the click gets.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Shot

How old is it? If it's still in warranty, send it back to the agents and they should replace.

2012. I bought the bike 2nd hand at the end of last year, but from Revolution Cycles in Cape Town. Think it might still be under warranty?

They're solid guys who sold the bike to its first owner and handled the reselling of it to me. If the fork is still under warranty I'm sure they'll have it done for me.

How old is it? If it's still in warranty, send it back to the agents and they should replace.

Donner, reading the Sram warranty it appears I cannot claim :(

What's next oh wise one?

Any movement between the Crown race and the bottom Headset Bearing?

I replaced my crown race and the clicking/knocking stopped. Problem was that the original crown race did not "seat" properly allowing slight (1 maybe 2 mm) movement.

Donner, reading the Sram warranty it appears I cannot claim :(

What's next oh wise one?

Take it to Stoke Suspension - ask for Andrew.....

I had a similar problem, an elusive creak... after replacing some bearings to no avail I found a crack in my frame. Maybe worth a very close inspection before you start replacing bearings etc.

Howdy. Had the same internal clicking issue with my Revelation on my Pyga. My issue something to do with the lockout mechanism breaking internally I believe.

Took it back to Revolution 4 times under warranty - they were brilliant and so were the chaps who supply RockShox.

Where are you based in CT?

Tom

Thanks V12... yep, bring it to me and I can have a look at it for you. Funny clicking noises on bikes are pretty hard to pinpoint though, so I can't guarantee I'll be able to sort it out - but if I don't there's no charge.

Hey Tom

Howdy. Had the same internal clicking issue with my Revelation on my Pyga. My issue something to do with the lockout mechanism breaking internally I believe.

Took it back to Revolution 4 times under warranty - they were brilliant and so were the chaps who supply RockShox.

Where are you based in CT?

Tom

I live on Tygerberg medical campus and spend my weekends in Stellenbosch, but I'm always happy to drive into Southern Suburbs/Town for good service. My favourites are Revolution and Trail and Tar, but TnT are rather far.

Thanks V12... yep, bring it to me and I can have a look at it for you. Funny clicking noises on bikes are pretty hard to pinpoint though, so I can't guarantee I'll be able to sort it out - but if I don't there's no charge.

Andrew you legend!

Problem is I don't have time to bring it in this year, so will only be in the new year.

Luckily I have my rigid SS in the meanwhile :)

Pierre at Dirtopia, Welgevonden said it was something about how the stanchions are fastened inside the crown and that the clicking isn't necessarily a bad indicator, just one of those annoying things that happen. Maybe Stokesuspension can sort it out :)

Had exactly same issue on 140mm Revelation on my Pyga earlier this year and SRAM replaced crown assembly - they said it was incorrectly fitted at manufacture. May be a batch manufacturing fault.

Same problem on my 150mm revelation. Busy building up a new frame. Really hope it was the old head set. Time will tell. Otherwise I'll take it to Stoke in the not too distant future.

Archived