The Munga 2015

StevieL

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4th to 10th place free entry into 2016 event, would like to see who will be crazy enough to up that offer even if it is free.

I saw someone ask the question earlier in this thread but didn't see an answer.

Will John Ntuli get a prize as 1st "Man" & 1st "Development"?

no

#PhillimonSebona is our first development rider home! 92 hrs and 40 mins. 13th overall!!

I want to go to that padstaal and visit that area one day...soon...looks absolutely amazing

Why not enter the Tankwa Trek 3 day Stage MTB Race then you can do both in Feb?

Well done to PvdL, CH, and the amasing Sarah. This makes it a100% finish record for the ladies.

All the back markers are set to complete the event by 12pm today. What an incredible feat of mental, physical and emotional stamina to endure so much. I am certainly not tough enough for something like this.

The Munga ‏@TheMungaMTB 6h6 hours ago
22,23,24 Clinton Halsey. Sarah Van Heerden, Piet Van Der Linde! Champions!!

post-4329-0-08119400-1449462895_thumb.jpg

The Munga ‏@TheMungaMTB 42m42 minutes ago
The final riders have just left Race Village 5 with only 6 hours to go. Wow, they are leaving it close! @pwc_za @Mitsu_Motors @ExxaroAcademy

The Munga ‏@TheMungaMTB 14m14 minutes ago
Something deep inside me gets very excited when I see these back markers dig like never before. The human spirit is majestic!

The Munga ‏@TheMungaMTB 3m3 minutes ago
9 riders still out on the field!

The Munga 2015 Day 4 and 5 Selection
By The Munga · Updated 8 hours ago
Mountain Bikers accept the challenge of "the toughest race on earth" in the inaugural 1070km non-stop, unsupported race from Bloemfontein to Cape Town, South Africa.

post-4329-0-11818200-1449463294_thumb.png

The Munga 2015 Day 4 and 5 Selection
By The Munga · Updated 8 hours ago
Mountain Bikers accept the challenge of "the toughest race on earth" in the inaugural 1070km non-stop, unsupported race from Bloemfontein to Cape Town, South Africa.

post-4329-0-83276900-1449463324_thumb.png

I'm so chuffed to see the tracker this morning and it looks like everyone on the trail is going to make it. The 3Ws have been going since just before 9:00 am yesterday, they must be running on fumes. GC eventually found RV5 and latched on to the 2nd last group and although less coordinated than yesterday they appear to sticking together. I predict it will all over by 11:00 with an hour to spare barring any crashes or mechanicals. These guys are my heroes,

Back markers going to make it ????????????????????????

There are 2 groups with 1 solo with between 20km and 40km to go!!!

This is just awesome well done guys keep moving we are all rooting for you ????????

Back markers going to make it ????????????????????????

There are 2 groups with 1 solo with between 20km and 40km to go!!!

This is just awesome well done guys keep moving we are all rooting for you ????????

Sorry double post too much of happiness ????

Archived