Building a Cyclo Cross bike

Meerkat82

hahaha thanks guys! just got back from my lbs. SA wont be importing the scento......

So back to square one. 

And hopefully dont get sti's........

hahaha

what size are you?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friction shifters. Awesome to use.

Been wanting a set like this forever - they used to be called Retroshift.

They are on a lot of custom builds in the Sates these days.

Great little company with inventive products.

ok... so I bought a frame. Yippy

Now we are building it.

I will upload some pics later.

what frame did you buy Meerkat82?

Hi Guys,

I have a new Ritchey Carbon cyclocross fork. Steerer tube is 247mm.

Contact me if you are in the market for one.

These are cool, I was looking at these clamp on types and hundreds of other types and worried that it may end in tears on an aluminum frame that's not designed to take braking forces there, however they work and work well for those who have installed them. Saw some nasty images though of MTB disc-ready frames failing under the braking forces applied by disc brakes. So taking the braking forces up to the cantilever mount seems like the best option.

As such I'm going ahead with the Brake Therapy conversion kit concept (note the concept, they want an awful lot of cash for this disc brake adapter kit, so I am making my own locally). It seems like it is the most stable and sturdy concept out there and will fit on just about any frame with cantilever and v-brake mounts - there are some great reviews to read on these. I have 3D printed a prototype and it works 100% so I will be getting it cnc'd out of aluminum soon. I'll post it here when I'm done.

In the meantime, some eye candy

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/bikes-and-gear/accessories/1253721042955-1w3cx7fkvhcjy-700-80.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/SeriousPerformance/Bikes/Clark%20Kent%20F12/DSC06130.jpg

post-41725-0-80182600-1421737136_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yusran